Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*libby*
Beginner June 2011

Trash the dress???

*libby*, 15 June, 2011 at 10:35 Posted on Planning 0 11

Has anyone done a 'trash the dress shoot'? If yes where did you do it?

A photographer friend was asking us about these the other day and Id quite like to do one.

We had photo's on the beach on our wedding day and thought maybe we could go back to the same beach and actually get in the sea or something?

Or my mum and sister run a horse riding school so maybe some pics with horses, in the fields in our wellies, bales of hay etc?

Any ideas?

TIA

x

11 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 15 June, 2011 at 18:42
  • lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Im planning on doing one on the beach and in the forest walking my dog stripy wellies and all!

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of this.

Personally I find it quite distasteful, there are laods more positive things you could do with your dress other than 'trash' it.

Sell it on Ebay and donate the money to charity, or give it to Oxfam bridal (that way you'll be helping the charity AND the budget conscious bride who buys it).

Each to their own though, I just think that weddings get an obscene amount of money spent on them it would be a really nice idea to give something back.

(I typed this whilst wearing a centre part and drinking herbal tea, I think i'm turning into a hippy today!)

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Mine only cost £200 and Im not going to trash it as in rip it up. It will get a bit muddy (hopefully as I want a big molly pawprint for a photo) but then i will get it cleaned, just like I would have anyway.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

rock the frock rather than mess the dress I'd say!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had a 'Rock the Frock' shoot which I found to be better as I got some awesome photos (some quite close to the sea but not actually in it!) and the dress is still perfect.

I would love to have experienced a trash the dress shoot, I have seen some amazing ones online with paint but I will be selling my dress to get some of the costs back... so alas, trashing it would not be a good plan!!

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Rock the frock - LOVE IT !

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They call it 'trash the dress' but i'm not going to actually trash it, I really dont think i could do it to my lovely dress!!.

We got married outside and then had photos on the beach so the underneath of my dress is filthy anyway.

I googled it and saw the paint ball, mud and fake blood photos but not going that far!

Just maybe a dip in the sea or stroll round the woods in some wellies!

Im sure sand/dirt will come out at the cleaners!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

Dont know why the text came out so small...try again......

They call it 'trash the dress' but i'm not going to actually trash it, I really dont think i could do it to my lovely dress!!.

We got married outside and then had photos on the beach so the underneath of my dress is filthy anyway.

I googled it and saw the paint ball, mud and fake blood photos but not going that far!

Just maybe a dip in the sea or stroll round the woods in some wellies!

Im sure sand/dirt will come out at the cleaners!

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Ive been reading up on this too, and saw it an a magazine, they had 3 couples who each did different things, one ran into the sea, one rolled in the stables and another went paintballing.... all of the brides said it was completely liberating to not worrying about the dress like they did on the day.

My dress is absolutely filthy and I kind of begrudge paying £150 to have it dry cleaned for it to sit in my loft and never be seen, used, worn again! I would rather get it really dirty, enjoy the moment and then pay to have it cleaned! lol

On the up side - its another excuse to wear the dress again if you trash it Smiley smile

• MrsWill2b
    Beginner March 2013
    MrsWill2b ·
    • Hide content

OMG the photography on this is amazing!

http://christabosco.wordpress.com/category/rock-the-frock-trash-the-dress/

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I "rocked the frock" after mine - on the beach in Santorini!

Keep meaning to transfer the pics from my old PC as they arent on the laptop to flash ☹️

My OH took my pics - at about 6 in the morning before the beach got busy! haha. Went great until he left me stuck on a rock with the tide coming in - I was stood on a rock shouting him to come and get me down, and he kept saying "1 more shot" - I could see a big wave rolling in and I ended up screaming for him to come and get me, he grabbed me off the rock, just before the wave came in - I would have been soaked if he's waited another 10 seconds!

Its great fun, I'd say go for it!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I did an Encore session with Teri M who is a HIB and it was fab. Here are some pics to show that a Trash the Dress isn't necessarily about trashing it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics