Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner July 2010

travel agents that let guests pt money towards honeymoon as wedding present

*hoppit*, 27 of May of 2009 at 12:10 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hello,

Does anyone know of a travel agents that would let us book the honeymoon and pay the deposit but then would let our guests contribute as wedding presents and then us pay the remainder a week or 2 before? seen a few companys that let your guest put money towards expereinces for you to have once you are on honey moon but don't know if any would do it this way. we are probably going to go to greece as we can't really afford to go where we really want to ( a cruise around alaska as it about £3000 per person!) and thought as the honeymoon is really going to be the last of our budget and will have been living together for 2 years by the time we get married so wont need many household goods plus we are renting so cant make any changes to the actual house/garden and it would be a nice alternative to vouchers for a shop.

thank you in advance

4 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaBride, 2 of July of 2009 at 10:44
  • kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Just googled "honeymoon gift list" and a whole host of companies popped up. Don't know any of them personally, so all I can recommend is that you make sure that they are ABTA and ATOL bonded.

There's also https://www.thomascook.com/holiday-extras/travel-vouchers/

Kelly x

• W
    Beginner March 2010
    weddings&honeymoons ·
    • Hide content

Hi i know of a fantastic company who offer a wedding list service.

Contact me direct for details

************@********.***

Lucy x

• kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

Oi Troll!

Read the forum rules and take your advertising elsewhere!

• tempting-propositions
    Beginner August 2008
    tempting-propositions ·
    • Hide content

It's a slighly different way round, but we paid for our honeymoon ourselves, and asked for donations as gift. The travel agent offered vouchers for tose who felt better doing that, and they gave us the full amount back in cash when we got back from honeymoon. It was an independant travel agent in Norwich, won't post who, if you need the name you could pm me. But there are probably others who would the same thing.

• R
    Beginner January 2010
    RebeccaBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicky. I'm also on a budget and I'm using www.honeymiles.net. Basically they are free if your total trip is £3000. And your friends and family can all contribute to the cost. Definitely worth looking into if you're on a budget. Hope that helps and good luck with all the planning ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics