Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Savvy May 2023 Derbyshire

Travel and waiting around

Megan, 1 of February of 2022 at 19:53 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi,

What’s everyone doing about travel to the ceremony? Me and my bridesmaids are hoping to book an air bnb for the night before which will be around 15/20 mins from the venue. I was looking at hiring a car to do two trips, drop the bridesmaids off first and then come back for me (or vice versa) but this would be a lot of waiting around whilst it goes back and forth!
Do you think this is ok or should I be getting two cars?

4 replies

Latest activity by Seth, 29 of August of 2023 at 08:09
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We are staying 15 mins from our venue and my MOH has said shebisbhappy to drive the BMs and then I have man of honour taking me a sinjuat couldn't justify the cost of cars. Maybe see if your friends would help or BMs would drive themselves. Or look at getting a car big enough to take you all, personally I wouldn't be bothered getting a nice taxi as no one sees you arrive so I just think it is a waste of money to spend on fancy cars, but get it is personal choice
  • Megan
    Savvy May 2023 Derbyshire
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely agree with you to be honest Charlotte and just thought it was something I ought to do!! I might look for a bigger car to take us all like you said or see who can do lifts, it’s not something overly important to me at all and getting quoted £500+
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is crazy money for what it is, we spent it on a photoboth and sweet cart instead 😄
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

It may not be do-able anyway.

Lets say your wedding is at 1.00 and its a civil ceremony at a venue - so not a Church.

To get you there for 12.45 which gives the registrar the time they will need with you beforehand the car will have to leave with you at 12.30.

But to get back to you for 12.30 he will have to drop the bridesmaids off at 12.15 which means he will have to pick them up at 12.00

Take that to a 20 min drive to be safe and he will have to pick the bridesmaids up at 11.45 to do all the trips.

When a car is used they will usually stay around for a while after the ceremony and be on show for the guests and I like to get a shot of the couple with the car as the groom will not of seen it.

As for the waiting for the car to come back to you, it can be a nice quiet time to catch your breath and have some time with your Dad - or whoever.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics