Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Terri
Curious May 2025 West Yorkshire

Travel time??

Terri, 20 of September of 2023 at 14:57 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the right one. Anyway, we are getting married in a church and this venue we thought we wanted, is a 2 min walk if that from the church so feels ideal. But… a few others I want to go and see are between 20-30 mins drive from the church. Is this silly? Unreasonable? As a guest what would you think? I’m leaning toward ‘it doesn’t matter, whoever wants to make the journey will be there’ but my other half thinks it’s too much to ask of people. Also to bare in mind, we aren’t getting married in our hometown! So the church is just over an hours drive from us, and most people we will invite! Getting fed up of the back and forths in my mind right now!

3 replies

Latest activity by Kihec24, 14 of May of 2024 at 11:35
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think half an hour between venues is unreasonable. Much more than that and it can get a bit complicated, but half an hour is fine. And a lot of people are used to travelling more than an hour to get to the general wedding location anyway.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Ok so the Church is just over an hour from you and most people invited, is the second venue on your radar although 1/2 hour from the Church - is it back in the direction of where most of the guests live.

If you still can not decide and they are all equal then consider that the less time spent travelling is more time spent with your loved ones.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

There is perhaps another thing to consider and that is sustainability-- how far do your guests and suppliers need to travel for your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics