Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Terri
Curious May 2025 West Yorkshire

Travel time??

Terri, 20 September, 2023 at 14:57

Posted on Planning 33

Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the right one. Anyway, we are getting married in a church and this venue we thought we wanted, is a 2 min...
Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the right one. Anyway, we are getting married in a church and this venue we thought we wanted, is a 2 min walk if that from the church so feels ideal. But… a few others I want to go and see are between 20-30 mins drive from the church. Is this silly? Unreasonable? As a guest what would you think? I’m leaning toward ‘it doesn’t matter, whoever wants to make the journey will be there’ but my other half thinks it’s too much to ask of people. Also to bare in mind, we aren’t getting married in our hometown! So the church is just over an hours drive from us, and most people we will invite! Getting fed up of the back and forths in my mind right now!

33 replies

  • T
    Beginner July 2026 Bedfordshire
    TSA ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Honestly, I don’t think a 20–30 minute drive from the church is unreasonable, especially since you’re getting married outside your hometown. Most guests will understand that travelling is part of attending a wedding, and the venue matters too. Just make sure you give everyone clear directions and consider transport options if needed. It’s a bit like checking the TSA Liquid Limit before travelling—planning ahead helps avoid unnecessary stress!

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

General groups

Hitched article topics