Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

Tresemme Shampoo.....

(Claire), 30 January, 2013 at 14:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 26

Is the sh1ts! I bought it last week as it was on offer and I’ve had to wash my hair every day because it constantly feels greasy! Vile stuff! I’m going back to Dove.

What Shampoo do you use?

26 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 1 February, 2013 at 09:47
  • OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Herbal Essences (sp?) Ignite My Colour. Won’t touch anything else.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

I can use any old shampoo, it's the conditioner that makes the difference for me

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Aussie Frizz free stuff. Love it.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I have a Tresemme shampoo to get rid of product build up, it's not amazing but it was fairly cheap. Day to day I use Pantene, I know it's not for everyone but it's always been great for my hair. I also use Aussie 3 minute miracle intensive conditioner if I've been abusing the straighteners.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I use whatever is on offer. It doesn't seem to make much difference with my hair- but I don't like a cheap conditioner.

The only one I avoid is Herbal Essences. It gives me an itchy scalp Smiley sad

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I have never found a shampoo I like. When I go to the hairdresser, my hair looks lovely and shiny after they pile on all the lotions and potions. It NEVER looks like that when I wash it at home, no matter what shampoo and conditioner I try out.

At the moment I'm using the mega cheapy Alberto Balsam (£1 in Sainsburys, bargain) raspberry stuff because it has precisely the same effect on my hair that the £6 Aussie stuff did.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Anything thats on offer. I am quite lucky in that i can use any shampoo/conditioner/soaps/gels etc on my skin and body.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Dove, the one for fine hair. Smells gorgeous. In fact I use dove everything, deoderant, shower gel, bath stuff, moisturiser, gradual tanner... except face cream, I use nivea soft.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Well I'm happy with Dove but just thought I would give something else a go.

I would love to be able to afford the Aussie stuff.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I've heard that it's rubbish!

At the moment I'm loving Body Shop shampoo and conditioner, but TBH I can use anything and my hair looks the same flat state it always does. Tried the expensive stuff and it's just the same!

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

In the UK I used Aussie Hair Miracle Moist. It's available here but even more expensive so I'll stock up when I get back to the UK. I'm currently using L'Oreal with a deep conditioner once a week as the water is ridiculously hard over here.

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I love Aussie. I am using Bed Head urban antidotes for damaged hair. I'm going to change to something else soon though as my hair keeps getting knotty.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

In order of preferance:

1. Loreal Pink One

2. Loreal Orange one

3. Aussie (smells gorgeous but my hair behaves better with loreal)

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I usually use Herbal Essenses Ignite my Colour. have been known to use Tresemme, Aussie, Dove and Loreal on occaision too.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

I use Pantene, Dove or Alberto Balsam. Occasionally I'll buy Organic Care Systems but it's more expensive. I don't use conditioner.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I can use anything, but my favourite is Alberto Balsam Strawberries and cream.

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

I can normally use any shampoo but tresemme makes my hair greasy and limp and just horrid. At the minute I'm using umberto giannini but I change them all the time!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I like The Body Shop stuff. I usually buy it when it's on offer. Also like Elvive (no idea if that is spelt correctly!!!!)

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

That's weird because I've got thick hair and I find Tresemme quite good! But I don't buy it that often because I hate the big bottles.

I like Loreal too, any of them to be honest. I've never found any that make my hair 'fantastic'

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I try and use a different one each time I wash, it's supposed to stop your hair getting used to it and it getting greasey. If you have lots of product build up then I do a wash once a week with anti dandruff shampoo because I think it gets it all out.

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I use Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture shampoo and conditioner. It really works on my hair and stops the ends drying out.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I've been using the Alberto madarin stuff for a while because I love the smell and I'm a cheapskate, but I do love the Herbal Essences Ignite my colour.

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Organix's coconut range from Boots - it's sulphate free and very good for my hair. I try to stock up when it's on offer or treat myself with points I've saved up because it's £6 a bottle.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this

although im fond of the loreal red one too!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

John Freida Frizz Ease alternated with Loreal Smooth Intense Anti-Firzz. Tresemme is god awful on my hair - ends up so dry on the ends, I fear it's going to snap off when I comb it and yet it's stuck to my scalp it's so greasy. Dove does the same too on me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics