Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Tripping over the dress

Manda79, 9 of May of 2015 at 18:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

Ok so maybe it's just me but I'm worried about tripping over my dress. It isn't huge, but does have tulle layers. My biggest worry is having to come down stairs at the venue...

any tips??

at least going up you can kind of see what you're doing and I won't have everyone following like we will after...

5 replies

Latest activity by LeedsWR, 10 of May of 2015 at 20:49
  • lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

I got told to kick as I walk. So I did at my fitting and got told I had it sorted.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Coming down stairs isn't a problem, it's going up. You must remember to pick it up at the front or sides when going up any steps. X

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Just lift the front with the hand not holding the bouquet.

A hoop underneath can stop the tulle layers being directly on your feet/legs and reduce the risk of tripping, but isn't suitable under all dresses.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Manda79 ·
    • Hide content

Really? I assumed down would be worse! That's reassuring-thanks.

Going up should be ok as everyone will be in waiting so I can give my mum my bouquet and use hands to hitch the front up. The kick technique will also be helpful.

I was worried about coming down as I can't see past my boobs and I expect the troops will follow with sodding cameras waiting for a you've been framed moment!

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I'm nervous too, the hoop really helps! Going to try the kicking trick.

• L
    Curious October 2015
    LeedsWR ·
    • Hide content

Glad it's not just me worrying about this!!! I only own one other floor-length dress and whenever I wear that I'm forever catching it on my heels!! Hopefully, having a small-ish train on my dress I won't do that...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics