Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jemma
Beginner December 2023 Devon

Trying for a baby before wedding

Jemma, 15 of November of 2022 at 01:21 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all,

It's 1.15am in the morning and I'm laying here with my brain doing overtime.

I'm 37 years old and my OH 36. We've agreed we're going to start trying for a baby after Christmas. I'm already concerned due to my biological clock so want to start as soon as possible.

We also got engaged in Sept this year and I would love to get married next year (I don't want to be an older bride and this is wedding number 2 for me). Long story about my ex cheating on me with another man but that's for another day but needless to say things in my life are now happening a little later than planned!

I always imagined my wedding to my OH (the love of my life), to be very different to my first and had planned to shift weight and wear a form fitting dress, something I was very excited about.

Now I'm wondering about the whole wedding in Dec next year but trying for a baby and how to go about it all!

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Or even pregnant for their wedding?

Help put my mind at rest!

8 replies

Latest activity by Ashley, 12 of December of 2022 at 12:48
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    I feel like I’m having this dilemma a bit too. I’m 34 and my partner is 37 and neither of us have kids. We get married next October and were always going to wait until after the honeymoon to start trying so we could go somewhere exotic but then I’d be going on for 36 before we even start trying. I’m a midwife so my biological clock is loud and ringing! I’m so conscious of having never tried for a baby, what if we struggle to conceive, need IVF, etc then we might not be pregnant until I’m 38 at least.

So now I’m considering trying in the months leading up to the wedding and being in the early pregnancy stages pre 16-weeks ideally at the wedding and scrapping the exotic honeymoon.
    Have you found your dress yet? You don’t want to stress and put pressure on yourself to lose your baby weight to fit in to it if you do have a baby before you get married. I would say if you want to have a baby before the wedding, you’ll need at least 3 months recovery and time from birth to wedding as you never know how your birth will go.
    If you get pregnant for the wedding then wed2b do dresses you can just buy on the day off the rack so you’ll be able to find the one for you as close to your wedding as possible so you can see what suits your bump.
    Good luck whatever you choose to do or whatever happens!
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    Don’t wait! If you’re engaged to be married you know it’s for life, regardless of if you’ve put the rings on yet. There’s some super beautiful maternity wedding dresses (Google Peyton wedding one tree hill) and you could spend they day glowing! Your wedding is to share your love with your nearest and dearest, your future is included with that. A few people I know left it too late and you can’t go back. If you definitely want kids then start giving it a go! It might take longer than you think anyway. Good luck!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Any chance you could bring the wedding forward? Every woman reacts differently to pregnancy, so you have no idea how you will be feeling in the early stages - or in the early stages of motherhood either. So planning a major event like a wedding to coincide is a bit risky.

• F
    Beginner May 2025 Lancashire
    Fiona ·
    • Hide content
    This is me. I am 36 my partner is 25 we want a baby
  • Kylie
    Beginner August 2023 Norfolk
    Kylie ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Jemma,
    Take it from someone who has been on a 8 year fertility journey don't put off trying for a baby.
    I am planning my wedding for next August and awaiting funding from the NHS for more treatment and I have only just turned 34.I am also wanting a lovely fitted dress but if I am pregnant It will truly be the happiest day of my life. Best of luck
  • Louise
    Beginner February 2023 Staffordshire
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Jemma

I'm also 37 and currently 6 months pregnant, I get married in Feb 2023 and found out I was expecting the day after my dress alterations appointment 🙃 😅 I've got another appointment in January to see if the seamstress can work her magic otherwise I might have to quickly think of a plan B, dress wise! I was a little anxious and upset a first
  • Louise
    Beginner February 2023 Staffordshire
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Oops sent too early! I was a little anxious and upset about my dress at first but I'm over the moon at being pregnant after a lot of difficulties so just embracing it ♡ all the best xx
  • A
    Curious November 2023 Merseyside
    Ashley ·
    • Hide content
    We’re in a similar situation to a lot of the posts on here. We plan to go with the flow and see what happens - we’ve made sure that we can amend our wedding date if we need to and there’s always a way around most things. The last thing any of us needs though is more stress so my advice would be to go with what you’re comfortable with and what makes you happy. Best of luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics