Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner May 2010

Trying for Babies after wedding...

klm1, 19 of November of 2010 at 21:31 Posted on Planning 0 78

Hello,

How long are you all planning on waiting before trying for Babies?

xx

78 replies

Latest activity by Fiona, 27 of December of 2020 at 04:56
  • S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Getting married in the july. starting trying in the dec

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Getting married 3.30pm 26th Feb 2011 starting trying 1am 27th Feb 2011!! ?

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Lol Tinks! We have talked about trying for number 3 after we get married, just not sure when yet! x

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

My OH brought this one up & made me panic! I still haven't recovered from a difficult pregnancy & labour with my first who arrived in February this year. He's going to have to wait about 18 months after the wedding before we have our second to give me more time.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Straight away!! It's been difficult enough waiting until after the wedding! But as I've pointed out to H2B many times, my dress will not accommodate a bump, so unless he doesn't mind me throwing £800 quid away plus whatever a new dress would cost, we're waiting ?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

We didn't wait. Currently up-duffed. Luckily, I have 6 months to lose baby weight before we get hitched.

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dito for me weekend twin.

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Straight away lol xx

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

We were trying a month or two before the big day ?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Your choice in honeymoon location can affect this - if you go somewhere that needs malaria tablets (for example) you should not try until the medication is out of your system (a month after you stop taking the pills). - This is what the nurse said to me... so defo something to consider! :-) However - after that month, we had our success!!! ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Well, I refuse to come off the pill until our honeymoon is over, don't want any unexpected visitors IYKWIM!

Then OH is off to t'other side of the world for 6 months so as soon as he is back!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Well my OH wants to start trying straight away after the wedding, but I dont think she realises how difficult the process is going to be. I keep leaving her things to read on known donors (we have a close friend willing to donate his wares ?- need to get a contract, etc sorted first mind!) Fingers crossed she catches as otherwise its me!!! aaaaaaaagggghhhhh

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

We started immediately and fell pregnant one month after!

• slinkysarah
    Beginner June 2011
    slinkysarah ·
    • Hide content

We will start trying straight away! I keep thinking if I got a MASSIVE hoop for the dress I could easily fit a bump in it...but then I think no I must wait!?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Never! I alreaady have a son who is 12. I'm pushing 40 my OH is 40, I nearly died having my son (long story) so although my OH doesn't have any kids of his own we've decided not to have any.

Besides, they cost more than weddings...

But good luck to those who will be trying!

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

This is something me and H have discussed a lot. We were going to try straight away but with us both being made redundant we've had to put it on hold untill we both get a new job and get settled. We already have a 5 year old so didnt want to leave too much of a gap between. It looks like circumstances will prevail though so its on hold for now.

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

As much as I would have loved to start trying straight away I think we'll wait about a year, we want to start a family soon but we also want to have some time to enjoy being married first, a couple of nice holidays and a new wardrobe (now I have money for me again!) and then we'll go from there.....will have fun practicing for now! Haha! x

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

This wasnt massive on our agenda to be honest, we got married last year, and are not planning on having kids at least for another 2 years!

If it did happen before, it wouldnt be an issue, but at the minute we are just enjoying it being us!

Everyone keeps asking though......think that now people have stopped asking us when we're getting married, this is the next thing to nag us about!

• SarB
    Beginner August 2011
    SarB ·
    • Hide content

Id like children quite soon after we are married - if my OH had it his way I would be prgenant when we get married next year!! Its only 9 months to go till our wedding so I cant afford any slip ups now!! I would say we will probably start trying 2012 as we get married August 2011!!

I am very broody at the minute especially because my SIL who is also my BM is due to give birth today but theres no sign as of yet!!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

I was up duffed on my wedding day Smiley smile

It was lovely to make the announcement to everyone at the wedding, im over the half way point now so hoping it goes quickly!! I cant wait Smiley smile x

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

OH would gladly have me preggers now, he wanted to do something like announce it at the wedding day (jealous you got to do it Natty!). And I would love a baby, but I want my lovely month long honeymoon in New Zealand first.. and we have to save our pennies for that before we start trying. Maybe we'll try in New Zealand ?

• Philippa_1
    Beginner August 2011
    Philippa_1 ·
    • Hide content

We have all ready got 2 kids so we are not havin anymore now

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I think we'll start trying when I'm 30, so we'll be married for a year. It depends on how I'm doing at work though, cause I'm the main bread winner!!

• vicxy
    Beginner May 2011
    vicxy ·
    • Hide content

I think we will leave it a couple of months and start trying in the May after we get married. We already have a daughter and want more, but if we can plan it, I'd like to have a spring baby rather than a christmas baby otherwise we'd prob start trying on HM

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

Umm its a bit late for us. I already have an 8, 4 and 1 year old and dont plan on any more.

x

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

We plan to start trying on the wedding night! I'd like to start trying before but I get very bad period pains so don't want to temp fate and come on on the day as that will be me missing the wedding as I'll be busy fainting and throwing up!

• S
    Beginner November 2011
    sarahh123 ·
    • Hide content

Weve still got a year before the wedding, and we are planning on waiting a few years after it so that we have some time to enjoy just being married

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats Natty I didn't know you were expecting!!!!! Hope you are doing ok so far.

For me the jury is out on this one. Years ago I always seen myself married with children but I just can't get excited about the idea at all. I keep thinking I'll wake up one morning with that desire to have kids but I'm 32 now and its just not happening!!! Think I'm too selfish - I love doing my own thing, going lovely holidays with my Husband and just generally coming and going as I please.

I had a 5 year plan starting when I was 30. It was - get married, 1st kid at 33 and second at 35. Just now I'm still be on track for that. I'm kinda thinking start trying this time next year (all going well I'd still be 33 when I have the child....lol) so that gives me another year to get excited about it!!!!!

• K
    Beginner April 2011
    katmoore ·
    • Hide content

Were gonna start trying straight away,we have two children now who will be 2 and 8 when we marry. I just hope it doesnt take to long,theres nearly 6 years between our first two and we had to have fertility treatment for our second.x
  • S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

My OH wants to try 3 months before the wedding so we can announce it at the wedding

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I also have no desire to start straight away. We have lived, breathed and put every penny into this wedding for 18 months that we are really looking forward to having our lives back and having fun. We are both quite young too (im 23 and he is 26) I think when OH gets to 30 we'll think about it more. I could imagine us being a couple who never have kids though.

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't taken contraceptives for over 4 years and although we were not officially TTC nothing ever happened, I even had some fertility tests done. I didn't stress too much and then in february we decided to be careful until the wedding as I didn't want to feel queasy or be huge on our big day. I fell pregnant unexpectedly during our wedding weekend. Baby due mid-July!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics