Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2011

Trying to find a cake stand with hanging crystals...having NO luck, any ideas please??? Example pic

clarem1986, 6 August, 2010 at 20:05 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello ladies....

I've fallen in love with some cake stands I've seen on the internet but I can't find anywhere to buy anything like it anywhere?!! Here's an example...this has been made DIY I think but would have no clue where to start with this. I dont care if I get a cake stand or cupcake stand, I just want something with hanging crystals as they will match my candelabras perfectly...

I've seen some in America but with a £35 shipping cost...totalling over £100 with the cake stands, I guess this would be my last option...just thought Id see if anyones seen anything like this anywhere? Thank you xx

11 replies

Latest activity by mwnci_bach, 6 August, 2010 at 21:39
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Would you consider making one, using a glass cake stand and attaching wire with crystal droplet beads???

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I had this pictures saved in my images too. This was in a magazine and they showed you how to make it..might be your best bet

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure I dont think I'm that creative! I wonder if i could get the droplets already attached like that, seems like a lot of hassle but these are my candelabras so think it would match really nicely....hmmmmmmm?! Be so much easier if somewhere sold them!! xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Or buy a ready made crystal bead wreath that u use in floral arrangements and hang it upside down on the plate...

like this one.. http://www.carnmeal.com/details/1871/crystal-wreath-15cm-x-24cm

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Did you try ebay????

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy - yes tried ebay, cant see anything other than three stands with hanging crystals, they are lovely but going to cost me well over £100 for the shipping and might incur additional charges at the airport according to the website...they are coming from america...

Teehee - that could work but the crsytals i want are more like the hanging ones on the candelabra...maybe some craft shops will have something similar...

Thanks for your help girls, Ive been googling for the last 24 hrs so please dont waste your time looking for me, I just put it up here in case anyone had used one for their wedding or seen one in a shop etc, long shot i know! xxx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
  • C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Teehee, the laura ashley ones could be perfect, maybe I could drape them somehow....xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

They have a few sets for sale there so dont panic if you lose out. Glad to be of help, goodluck! You could cut lengths and use a glue gun to attach them to the underneath of the glass plate, thus not seeing any glue blobs.

(I think i'm in the wrong job!)

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Yes that sounds like a brilliant idea, thanks so much! x

• M
    Beginner September 2010
    mwnci_bach ·
    • Hide content

That stand is lovely! I hope that you find it, Or something similar!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics