Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2013

Tudor Barn Burnham and Lilibrooke Manor Maidenhead

lily1982, 25 November, 2012 at 17:11 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone

My fiancé and i looked at the Tudor Barn yesterday and i was blown away. next saturday we are looking at Lilibrooke manor. Can anyone let me know if they have had experience with these two venues and what they thought of them. Plus we seem to be spending a lot on catering for 70 people - what amount do you normally budget for catering and is there anyway you can whittle them down????

Many thanks for all your help.

9 replies

Latest activity by Sloth, 26 November, 2012 at 11:21
  • M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrsbex ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

we had our reception at the Tudor Barn in June this year and it was amazing I have not complaints! Debbie the manager was amazing, she basically organised our entire day and made sure we were running to schedule and even when we were late she was happy to re-arrange timings for us and work around us! It made our weddig reception a breeze and so relaxing for us we didnt have to think about a thing Debbie did it all!

We hired the onsite DJ, Mitch. He was great!! I gave him a very long playlist and he played almost all the songs I asked for. The dancefloor was full all night and many of my guests said it was the best wedding they had been too.

The Tudor Barn staff are very hardworking and friendly and are extremly flexible!! They understand its your wedding and they do all they can to help give you the day of your dreams! We stayed in the Burnham Beeches hotel and so did many of our guests, the walk to the hotel was a giggle and the party carried on back there until 4am! I highly recommend the barn for your wedding you wont regret it.

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

I like Tudor Barn too and am about to book - along with the fabulous violinist Simon Jordan (from High Wycombe) and the photographer David Bostock (from Beaconsfield). I loved the location, the accessibility, the attitude of the staff, and the packages on offer. You should go for it, I reckon!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

We never looked at the Tudor Barn but Lilliebrooke Manor was our second choice (we went with Great Fosters in the end).

Lilliebrook was lovely, very rustic. The owner is a bit bonkers though!

• barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk
    barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I have filmed at both venues which are local to me in Cookham. Both have plenty of character. Lillibrooke is a bigger barn but I find inside a bit gloomy. My preference would be the Tudor Barn which is more compact and brighter too. It has neat gardens for pics and adjacent room in case it rains (perish the thought). In the same building is the actual barn where the wedding breakfast is held, it's really nice and has galleries at each end. The small bar can get a bit cramped in the evening but it has a cosy feel and good atmosphere. As for catering, I can only comment on my experience of maybe a half dozen weddings at each and that is excellent food at the Tudor Barn and meals varying from good to awful at Lillibrooke.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this actually, but we saw it on the wettest day of the year, so it got a bit of a raw deal!

My BM (who got married last year) looked at the Tudor Barn and I know the reason they discounted it, is because they charge for lots of extras apparently, which could be why your catering costs seem quite high.

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I got married at Lillibrooke in October - I love it as a venue!! You have a choice of 2 caterers who are really flexible and you can negotiate on price to get what you need. Hopefully I will get my photos this week and can show you. It is a great flexible venue where you really can do so much. Let me know if you want more information - i do really recommend it! My caterer on the day was amazing, and a friend of a friend went with the other and had good reviews to.

I also looked at Tudor Barn and did like it, but thought it was more expensive and not as flexible in what we could do or the space you had. I also wanted to keep everyone together so (if I remember right) the separate bar bugged me. But defiantly a lovely venue

Do see where your coming from in gloomy - but I think its more real barn, and I didn't think it on the day and no comments on it.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I was waiting for you to come along Sloth ?

Can't wait to see your pics!

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't been on as much so so glad I saw it Smiley smile - Where did you end up in the end, don't think I have seen it?#

And tell me about it - I am itching to get my pics back, trying not to bug my lovely photographer! (it feels ages!)

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great Fosters in Egham.

It's just down the road from where we met at uni so it's nice as it's somewhere that means something to both of us ?

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo another really lovely venue - seen some great wedding pics there!

Sorry non-relevant questions for the thread Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics