Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2014

Tudor Barn, Eltham - Does anyone have any experience of this venue?

mrsmtb, 18 of March of 2013 at 13:44 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello there

I'm a new user to hitched. I've recently booked Tudor Barn in Eltham for our wedding ceremony and reception in April next year. has anyone out there got any expereinces to share about this venue? Any recommendation with regards to florists, photographers and cake makers? Also, does anyone have any experience in dealing with Staar Productions, the in-house entertainment team? My dealings with them so far have not been great...

Thank you

11 replies

Latest activity by lazydotcom, 22 of January of 2014 at 19:19
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to hitched!

What a pretty venue and very near to where I live but have never previously heard of it.

For florists you really spoilt for choice as most London florists will serve Eltham.

If you want to stay local https://rachelmorganweddingflowers.co.uk/ has great reviews.

Our florist is based in Battersea but serves Eltham https://www.maryjanevaughan.co.uk/

Our cake maker based in Norbury but will travel https://rachelles.co.uk/

Lots of great Photographers HIBS on this site I am sure a few will be along soon.

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't look at it for wedding venue but I grew up 5 mins down the road from there! It's such a pretty place and you'll have great photo ops in the gardens. If you live round that way and are looking for your dress still you HAVE to visit The Bridal Chest just up the road, the best dress shop in the area by far. I'll have a think on florists/bakers etc

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Belle Amore in Bexleyheath are great for dresses too. Really professional and a good selection of dresses :-)

• B
    Beginner February 2013
    Bride123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I held my reception there last month, I can honestly say they were fantastic! I didn't use all their suppliers so can't speak for their photographer, cake maker, wedding car etc although I did use their recommended florist Joanna Marriott who is amazing. She is extremely talented and whether you have ideas or not she'll help you create beautiful flowers and she'll work within your budget too. I also used Staar although intentionally had my reservations about them (really didn't want to use their DJ!) but they did a really really good job. I sent them a song list of songs that HAD to be played and songs that were forbidden too and they stuck to it so in my eyes they did a good job! I know they do other entertainment too but I didn't use them. Any other questions just ask!

?

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    CarMungeam ·
    • Hide content

Seen a few wedding here and it looks lovely, have eaten here a few times and great food, excellent service.

suggest trying it for dinner a few times as it really is very pretty outside and in

• M
    Beginner April 2014
    mrsmtb ·
    • Hide content

Many thanks for all your responses.

Both Rachel Morgan and Joanna Marriott have been recommended before so I'll definately look into their options. I stumbled across Rachelle's cakes on FB and her cakes look absolutely amazing but they are a little out of my budget ;0(

Bride123 - I'm glad to hear that your wedding went well. We're planning on using Staar Productions' DJ too, our wobble with them came when we queried their admin charges for using someone who isn't recommended by them. The lady I initially spoke to wasn't very professional which really shook my confidence in them, but I'm hoping all will be ok from now on. Which photographer did you use? Did you have a sit down meal or buffet? Sorry for all the questions!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Did someone say photographer HIBs? Hello and welcome to Hitched, I'm a London based photographer, and err I guess I recommend myself! ?

Please feel free to check out my work to see if it's what you're after: www.mariannechuaphotography.co.uk

• diliphirani
    diliphirani ·
    • Hide content

Hello Mrs M to b.

I am based very close to Eltham. Do take a look at my website and feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Dilip

• B
    Beginner February 2013
    Bride123 ·
    • Hide content

No worries, ask away! We had a sit down meal for about 65 people and then about 30 more evening guests for later. I actually found my photographer on Hitched, Cecelina Tornberg, https://cecelinaphotography.com/ (some photos of my wedding are on her blog) she was amazing - would highly recommend her! Although i'm sure other brides can recommend their photographers and there are loads on this forum too. Don't be put off by the lady at Staar, I know exactly what you mean! I was skeptical at first especially for their admin charges which is ridiculous just because you don't use their recommended DJ but in the end I can honestly say they did a good job. Any more questions get in touch!

x

• N
    Nicola Goldsmith ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend With Love Weddings and Events for flowers, Chair Covers and other venue decor at Tudor Barn.

Are you going to Tudor Barns wedding Fair this Sunday, 24th March 2013 - 10.00am-4.00pm?

http://withloveweddingandevents.moonfruit.com/
  • L
    Beginner July 2014
    lazydotcom ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my civil ceremony there in July.

So far, the service has been terrible. Before booking and signing the contract, we were assured by a member of staff that prices of food, more specifically canapés, will not increase. We questioned them about the menu in order for us to work out our budget. Although the contract had stated that there may be an increase in price, we had thought that it was unlikely (reassured by a member of staff). After signing the contract, we were sent a wedding pack, which included information about what they offer and prices of the canapés.

However, TWO months later, we were e-mailed about a 'new menu' and an increase in price. At first, we didn't mind but seeing how much the prices had increased almost gave us a heart attack. The price had increased by 38%! £6.95 for four item canapés which has now increased to £9.60.

Additionally, we were aware that we had to go through their music agency to have music played during the ceremony (even though we have friends who are professional musicians willing to play for us for free). Even though this is the case, their agency wants to charge us £175 to have our friends play at the wedding (we are not sure what the £175 is for and we are still awaiting a response).

If we had known about the 'actual' prices in the first place, we would have not booked with them.

We are extremely disappointed with their decision and professionalism; they hadn’t warned us about price changes. They have misrepresented themselves and mislead us into a sense of false security.

mrssmtb - did you guys manage to escape the price increase?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics