Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner October 2013

Tunisia end of October/beginning November?

bgirl81, 8 of January of 2013 at 17:05 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

We are planning to go to tunisia between 27th October-10th Novemeber.

Has anyone been on Honeymoon or even just a holiday around that time? Is it a good time of year to go, obviously it's not too hot.

Any nice all inclusive hotels to suggest? We want adult only if possible, near a beach, something relaxed and secluded?

What about day trips and things to do, anything we should avoid or definately do, we don't want to get ripped off.

Also we want to visit the Star Wars sets has anyone done this, I know they are scattered about so is there an easy way to get around?

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Latest activity by Hydeschnucke, 13 of January of 2013 at 02:11
  • JadeCreighton
    Beginner September 2013
    JadeCreighton ·
    • Hide content

We recently booked our honeymoon and we're going to Tunisia, Sousse to be exact. I have heard great reviews about Tunisia. If you have been to Egypt, India or similar countries then you'll be aware of the constant haggling and asking of tips, if not then that may be a culture shock. Travel agents always say to people to make sure they bring a kitty for tips because you will be asked constantly, but at the end of the day it's up to you if you want to tip or not.

I would go all inclusive. Unless you go to a touristy town (I'm not sure where) then you can get away with going to restaurants and leaving the hotel, otherwise all inclusive would be best. Our hotel has its own beach, swimming pools, activities (on the beach and hotel complex) and food so we have no reason to venture out, unless there's a trip that takes our fancy. My hotel is called Marhaba Beach Hotel. We are going at the beginning of September, so when the kids have gone back to school, and I think the temperature will be high 20's to 30 Celsius, bearable for those who don't like intense heat.

I hope this helps.

• B
    Beginner October 2013
    bgirl81 ·
    • Hide content

That's great, thanks, will take a look at that hotel.

I know you get a lot of hassle but I'm good at ignoring people, lol

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We went to Hammamet Yasmin in mid October for not quite two weeks. While the beach was fantastic (although the weather could have been better) and most staff at the hotel nice (Iberostar Averroes) we can't really recommend going to Tunisia. Reason for this is mainly the people you will get in touch with outside the hotel. Lots of them lie to you to get your money ("Hey how are you doing ? Remember me ? I am one of the cooks in your hotel [insert hotel name]. Let me show you around a bit"), follow you to drag you into their stores, try to sell you food/souvenirs/drugs etc. etc.

If you want to have a relaxed honeymoon, go somewhere less stressful than Tunisia.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics