Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2014

Turquoise Wedding Theme

Juicycouture8910, 27 April, 2013 at 19:23 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi girls, just after a bit of advice with regards to my flowers for my wedding next July.

My chosen colour is turquoise and was just wondering what flowers I should have as I'm really stuck! I've been told that a tinge of pink compliments quite well but I'm not sure...

any advice or any brides out there with the same colour scheme please comment with any ideas Smiley smile thank you! Xxx

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 29 April, 2013 at 19:03
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I would also say a splash of dusky pink would look lovely

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

There are dyed orchids that come in a turquoisy colour. I wouldnt have the whole bouquet in turqoise though. You could have cream/pink flowers with a turqoise ribbon. Def add a pink of some sort though, purple &/or creams also. I'm sure a florist HIB will help more, but here are some pics for inspiration:

Beginner August 2014
    2014bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We're having planning on having a teal theme with pink. I know its different from turquoise but have attached a few pictures i found while searching google and pinterest. Hope they help!

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    miago ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids (in turquoise dresses) are having white flowers, and I'm having a red bouquet. The flower arrangement on the top table will be white and red, haven't decided on the flowers for other tables.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

With fresh flowers, there aren't any natural turquoise coloured flowers but they can be dyed by your florist. It's not ideal and some florists don't do it anymore because if it rains, the dye can come off onto your hands or dress so not a good look! Another way is to use contrasting flowers such as lemon, hot pink, purple, blues, lime greens. All these colours look stunning with turquoise. Be sure to take a sample of the colour to your florist as turquoise is one of those shades that fall into the infamous 'teal' category!! Turquoise means different shades to different people so a sample is a must really. Here's a few I've done but mine are all artificial but can be done in fresh too:-

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is pretty much what I'm having. but a bit more pink/purple rather than the bits of green and dark red.

• B
    Beginner May 2013
    bunny_lover ·
    • Hide content

We have a turquoise theme and are having bright yellow gerberas :-)

You can go for blue flowers but they have to be dyed and tend not to look very realistic as they are so un-natural..

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had a turquoise colour scheme and just stuck with ivory and green with turquoise ribbon on the handles.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics