Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Recycledbride
Beginner June 2012

Tutorial - How to make Rustic wedding invitations *flash* heavy!

Recycledbride, 30 December, 2011 at 21:53 Posted on Planning 0 3

Thank you for all your kind comments and messages....In response to those here's a quick, guide to making invitations.

I got my card blanks from a company called Eco craft, I used the small square card blanks. I sent off for their free samples before placing our order so I was sure about the size I wanted to work with. the card is called "Hairy Manilla". The lace started off as a curtain in Oxfam in Skipton and cost £1.99. I originally bought this as it's nice cotton lace with a nice pattern for cutting up to decorate my glass jar lanterns I'm planning on doing. The ribbon is from Cox and Cox and the pearl heart sliders were from ebay.

I cut out a several heart shapes on card until I got the size I was happy with then began cutting the lace hearts

pinning the lace in place makes it easier to cut around.

I measured the width of the heart, cut the ribbon to size and threaded it on to the heart sliders, I didn't want the ribbon to fray so held the ribbon to the heat of a match and only managed to set fire to 2 ribbons.

Then assembled all the components

I used "Create and Craft" Extra strong glue purchased from Wilkinson's to stick the lace hearts to the card leaving them to dry overnight before applying the second layer....(this is where I messed up.....I decided to double layer the heart with lace which meant I didn't have quite enough for the evening invites, this is how they looked with one layer

Drying overnight

I applied the ribbon hearts using All purpose extra strong adhesive again from wilkinson's as it dries clear

I applied it with a cotton tip for precision

Leave to dry overnight and voila!

The inserts were glued in using the Craft and Create glue. The paper i used was from Eco Craft and is called "biscuit"

I did have a little help on the way

he helped me thread the ribbon through the Mother of Pearl heart buttons I used for the evening invitations (It was easy using a thin darning needle, threading a few button at a time then cutting to the length of the card, i applied the button and ribbon in the same fashion as for the day invitations.

Howard soon got bored of this game and promptly fell asleep at the work station

I want to make more,I really enjoyed making them.

3 replies

Latest activity by schiocco, 30 December, 2011 at 22:54
  • Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. You have really inspired me.

xx

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Amazing!!

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

I enjoyed reading this and your cat is mega cute!! Good idea for Wilkos for glue - will def go there for mine now x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics