Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PinkButterfly
Beginner June 2014

Tuxedos....

PinkButterfly, 22 of December of 2013 at 21:37 Posted on Planning 0 6

I really don't like the wedding suits available to hire... Morning suits with tails or the shorter jacket styles!

I've seen images on Pinterest where to groom and groomsmen/users where tuxedos it looks really good... Obviously these pictures are American!

I'm not having a black tie theme at all but after discussing with OH we are thinking of having his boys in tuxedos black jacket and bow tie while my OH will wear a cream jacket with black bow tie!

will this look odd? Anyone else having tuxedos?

6 replies

Latest activity by Siobhan200286, 23 of December of 2013 at 18:41
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We had a black tie wedding, pics in my report

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Funky I read your report your pics look fab... Only thing is we wouldn't be asking guest to come in black tie hence why I feel it may look a bit odd...

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hmm in that case yes it may look a bit odd and may make other male guests feel under dressed.

If you don't like the standard wedding suits you could still do a suit and bow tie combo but I would avoid black as that seems to make it more formal.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Well the grooms men should really stand out more right... I'm trying to find tuxedos in navy blue to hire!! But not having much luck...

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

We went to a wedding (albeit in San Francisco) and OH was an usher. They all wore full cream tuxedos with brown ties and the groom wore a full brown tux with a cream tie. There were 4 ushers and a best man. It didn't make guests feel under - dressed at all. It wasn't to our taste (we did have a little laugh about it as it was very much the opposite to anything OH would ever wear ever!!) but all the other guests just wore usual suits and everyone looked nice.

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

We're having an outdoor wedding and OH wants a laid back kind of feel to the whole day so we're looking at grey suits but having OH and groomsmen only wear the wasitcoat, shirt, tie and trousers (pretty sure that idea was a pinterest find too).

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

I think it would look lovely. If it is what you and your OH want and like, then just go for it. I wouldn't worry about it looking odd.

Me and my OH really dislike the typical groomswear, i.e. morning suits, tails, patterned waistcoats, etc. so we will not be having them. I don't care whether it's the done thing or not, we're just picking what we like. My OH would really like to wear a tweed suit, he has been eyeing up varieties of Yorkshire tweed so that's probably what he'll end up with. We're getting married on Yorkshire day on Ilkley Moor, so it's perfect for us.

I would definitely just go with your preference, I don't think it would be odd at all. I think the tuxedos would look very classy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics