Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2015

Twist wrap dresses from Daintyard

BridetobeMrsS, 20 of February of 2015 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi ladies,

after an unsuccessful bridesmaid dress shopping trip today, I've found myself trawling the internet yet again looking for something affordable and in the right colour (coral).

My BM's and I all love the twist wrap multiway dresses but I just can't afford to buy 3 Dessy or Two Birds ones. I've found the etsy shop 'Daintyard' in my searches and the prices are fantastically low - which obviously makes me a little skeptical!

Has anyone ordered from this etsy seller and can offer any advice with regards to quality, tax/import charges etc?

thanks in advance for any help Smiley smile

12 replies

Latest activity by BridetobeMrsS, 21 of February of 2015 at 16:35
  • Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

I can't vouch for Dainty Yard, but I can for Coralie Beatrix as my bridesmaids dresses were from there. They are brilliant in terms of quality, colours, service and shipping. I can't recommend them enough to be honest and know lots of other brides who have bought from her too. I was hoping to buy a shorter one for my honeymoon in a few weeks, but I've left it a bit late now!

• heli-c
    Beginner October 2015
    heli-c ·
    • Hide content

I see what you're saying about them being much cheaper than elsewhere. And I haven't ordered from this seller so I couldn't say for definate, what I would say is (without meaning to cause any offence) some of the language used and the way things are worded, reminds me of the chinese shops you see on ebay. I could be completely wrong but, having trawled ebay a lot recently, the word 'kindly' always seems to crop up several times when the items are being shipped from China, Hong Kong or other areas around that region! Though it's not a word I would usually use in such ways.

Having said that if the price difference is huge could you order one to see what the quality is like and if it's no good sell it on and buy more yourself?

Heli x

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

No offence taken Smiley smile

yes, the seller is from Singapore so I assume the language barrier is responsible for the poorly worded description!

they have well over a thousand fantastic reviews, but I need a 'real life' person to share their experience...a Google search returned results from another wedding forum discussing this etsy seller, ladies saying the seller herself is enormously helpful to liaise with, but unfortunately no advice as to what the import tax cost or the quality of the dress etc.

hopefully someone out there will have ordered these and can help, fingers crossed Smiley smile

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

I nearly bought from them but they discontinued the colour I wanted.

i ordered from Dresslongbridal on Etsy as I couldn't afford 2birds for all my girls. I ordered one to be sure and it was perfect so ordered the rest and they were great too!

The language thing is partly a translation thing.

I paid no import tax on the first dress, but I think the big package of the rest of them cost me about £16.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

And my little bridesmaids Smiley smile trying them on at their home as a surprise as they turned up early so excuse the mess Smiley smile

dont know why it's sideways! We went for a short one for the little one - she was adament she wanted to wear a tshirt on the day so this was a compromise she loved! (I had threatened a frilly taffeta number to scare her before these arrived so they would go down well)

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

This is such a huge help thank you so much! We're you happy with the quality of the dresses (I'm concerned they'll look 'cheap' although your photos say otherwise!)

can I also ask the height of the person in this photo (you?!)? I've read a few reviews about the lengths coming up short.

thanks again x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I want to follow this thread as I haven't ordered yet from daintyard but have been considering as I saw them recommended on a bridal Facebook site and they have the colour I am after xxx

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's alright Smiley smile To be honest I was very happy with the quality. I used to sell TwoBirds dresses and I can honestly say there is no difference!! They even come with a free bandeau underneath so the necklines don't have to be so low on some of the styles. That's an extra £25 from TwoBirds.

I'm 5'7 and a little bit on tiptoes on the front facing picture. My FSIL was going to wear one and she's 5'8 and it was perfect length for her in flats.

it might be worth messaging them asking for extra length if you need it and see what they say. They're communication was good.

I would 100% recommend and have bought one for my honeymoon. X

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Can't vouch for Daintyard, but we did try two birds and in the end went for dresses from In one clothing. No different to Two birds and heaps cheaper. Can't remember the exact cost but the more you buy, the more discount you get. I bought 4 plus one for my honeymoon.

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    Ames89 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from there recently in a blush colour and they are amazing!! My bridemaids love them, they are very heavy and hang beautifully.

I didn't pay customs fees on the first one I ordered (as a test) but when I ordered a further three dresses in one go the customs charge was £19!

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I've got my bridesmaids twist/wrap dresses from Marks & Spencer and they are AMAZING! The girls really love them. They have a boned sort of boob tube bit unlike the Dessy ones so don't need a bra. Lovely quality too and a beautiful colour. So chuffed with our bargain, our budget was £250 each so these were really a winner!! £59.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/support-bodice-multiway-bridesmaid-skater-dress/p/p22348707

• Lollypolly
    Beginner August 2015
    Lollypolly ·
    • Hide content

Mine are from etsy from a seller called Vanel Designs. She has been fantastic and all dresses are custom sized. I sent her my inspiration pics and she's matched the dresses up perfectly.

These cost approx £60 each including postage and with tube top. Really heavy too so they hang fab. Can't vouch for the other seller but would definitely recommend Vanel.

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all the different bits of help and advice, you're all incredibly helpful Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics