Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clairy
Beginner October 2003

Twisted ankle sympathy needed / Solpadeine Max

Clairy, 2 June, 2009 at 15:43 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

A few weeks ago I did something to my right ankle - I have no idea what, it must have been mild as I can't remember - but my ankle really hurt and it literally took weeks to stop hurting.

Yesterday, on my first day at my new contract, I fell down a 2cm curb (?, oh the shame), off my lovely wedges (that got wrecked) onto my bad ankle (typical) and bloodied my knee ? At the time, I was mortified and far more concerned that no-one had seen so leapt up and hobbled as quickly as possible to my car. Thankfully I was behind a van door that had been left open and unattended, so I reckon no-one else saw my indignity ?

Anyway, today it absolutely kills. Thankfully I am working from home. It's not really swelled up that much, but it seriously hurts to walk on, right under the sole of my foot too, and I would be worried about driving. Tell me it will get better tomorrow, please? I have it elevated at the moment and in a tubigrip style bandage. I am sure it isn't anything too serious as I can still bear my (considerable) weight upon it. It just hurts all over my foot, up the side of my leg and in my calf ?

And fark me, Solpadeine Max ? I thought they would do the trick, took a couple and lost two and a half hours ? I have been on the Red Bull since ?

Apologies for the self pity, and overuse of parentheses and icons. I am feeling somewhat meldodramatic, for obvious reasons, and neeeed sympathy. I can tell you in advance Mr Clairy will be crap ?

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, is it worth getting it looked at?

Keep it elevated, above your heart if possible and ice it (RICE, Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics