Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

monkey fingers
Beginner

Twister lollies, which is right?

monkey fingers, 1 of August of 2009 at 20:16 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

I've just had a mini twister and it was gorgeous, I had two last night and they didn't seem as nice, I thought last night I was broken. However, I have just realised that last night, the ones I had, were red and ice cream on the outside and green in the middle. The far tastier one I just had was green and ice cream on the outside and red in the middle.

This (red bit in the middle) is how they always were yes? Was there always a choice? Did the green bit use to be greener?

Many thanks for your help on this very important matter.

13 replies

Latest activity by Monkey Mavis, 2 of August of 2009 at 17:03
  • trixie
    Beginner
    trixie ·
    • Hide content

Red in the middle, green and white outside. As for the greeness of the green - can't comment there!

• flissy666
    flissy666 ·
    • Hide content

In Ye Olde Days (circa 1985) they were pink and white on the outside, with chocolate ice-cream in the middle. T'was also days with a joke on the stick still. A far superior Twister experience IMHO.

• monkey fingers
    Beginner
    monkey fingers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooh I don't remember those. I have for some reason just remembered feet lollies or somthing similar!

Thank you Trixie, I am pleased I am correct in my remembering! x

• Iris
    Beginner
    Iris ·
    • Hide content

The middle was red.

We've also got some mini chocolate ones but the middle is normal ice cream, not pink.

• lmsunshine99
    Beginner August 2004
    lmsunshine99 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes red in the middle is definitely the norm and much nicer, my MIL always has the mini ones. Funky Feet? Whatever they were called I used to love them!!

• Katchoo
    Katchoo ·
    • Hide content

Funny Feet ? - http://www.childofthe1980s.com/2008/09/01/walls-funny-feet/

• L
    lillybet ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone remember a lolly in the late seventies called "Space 1999", it was by lyonsmaid and was green ice (Crem soda flavoured) over a hard ice cream base with a red jelly bit in the middle. There was also a free Space 1999 card to collect.

Also loved the haunted house lollys which were like a hard vanilla ice cream with a picture of a ghost on.

• trixie
    Beginner
    trixie ·
    • Hide content

My sister had a blast from the past at the ice-cream van a few weeks ago. Can't remember the name again now (began with 'Z' - Zoom, Zap?) but was multi-coloured, caramel flavour ice-cream textured. I had no idea what she was on about until she gave me a bite...'twas very tasty, if a little worrying what they put in it to get those colours ?

• A
    anna belle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love them!

I aslo liked and ice cream that might have been called something like orange crunch. It was orange ice cream with choc coating and crunchy bits in. I'd love to have one again,

• Lommel
    Beginner August 2014
    Lommel ·
    • Hide content

Definitely "Zap", they are my absolutely favourite ?

• Jingle
    Beginner December 2006
    Jingle ·
    • Hide content

I definately remember Funny Feet, they were my fave! I remember Twisetrs being pink and white ice cream on the outside and chocolate on the inside, the turned to pink ice in the middle with green ice and white icecream on the outside - I don think they were greener, just thicker, therefor couldnt see the pink middle through making them look duller iyswim. I remember Zapp's too - I hated those they were grim :s

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

probably. i guess they now have no artificial colours. like smarties, which now look like someone has already sucked them and spat them out ?

i used to love lemonade sparkles. plus they were only 12p (this was when cornettos were 35p ?)

oh and orange fruities. chocked full of artificialness ?

• Zooropa
    Super October 2007
    Zooropa ·
    • Hide content

I love twisters although I do prefer the ones with the red in the middle becuase I don't like the lime on it's own oncethat outer layer is gone. The pineapple ice cream is lovely though - I wish I could buy it in tubs.

• Monkey   Mavis
    Beginner
    Monkey Mavis ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know - what is that all about? Much nicer when they were bright and colourful - and the orange ones are the best!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics