Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2025 South West London

Two day Indian / Western Fusion Wedding

Caitlin, 11 of July of 2023 at 16:06 Posted on Planning 0

Hi All,

We are currently at the beginning stages of planning our summer 2025 wedding. I am British and my fiancé is British Indian so we would love to incorporate both into our wedding.

Our ideal scenario would be to have a wedding weekend in the south west with two different events - 1 day with the traditional western ceremony where we would get officially married, and maybe the next day have an Indian wedding reception.

We have found a few venues that offer weekend wedding packages where guests can stay at the venue, however it looks like we would need to book 3 nights if we want to have events on two separate days because of set up and check out times.

We have thought about doing all of it in one day, e.g. white dress and ceremony during the day time and then change to Indian dress for the evening reception. However, I'm not sure how this would work in practice since I don't want to spend a chunk of my day getting ready again.

Has anyone done something similar or do you have any suggestions on how to do this in the most effective way? I believe we have a healthy budget but we're still very conscious that costs don't spiral!

Thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics