Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

Two Wedding Dresses!! Day & Night

stephers01, 12 of February of 2015 at 16:08 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone!

Is anyone having 2 wedding dresses? One for the day and one for the evening?

If so how come you made this decision? I just don't know if I will want to take my lovely princess dress off or whether I will be glad to as we are getting married in the summer.

Help me please?

Thanks in advance xx

9 replies

Latest activity by stephers01, 13 of February of 2015 at 23:58
  • T
    Beginner June 2016
    Toyaht ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm having 2 dresses, i have not picked them yet but i want a big puffy princess dress for the day and something fitted and more comfortable for the evening. I decided to have 2 as i love so many styles of dresses and i know i won't be able to choose just one style of dress

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

Hey Smiley smile

Im having one, I dont think I could bear to take mine off and change into another as i love it so much. However totally get that you want 2 completely different dresses, i'd love that, im hoping we can have a blessing in a few years so that i can wear another dress haha Smiley smile

I do think you will be more than happy to get out of the big princess dress, go for a wee (haha), freshen up and get into a second and WOW your other half all over again again Smiley smile

x

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Just the one for me. Not wanting to offend anyone, we're all different, but I don't see the point personally. One dress costs enough for the little time it's worn, there is no way I could spend out on two. I don't really understand the need for a second dress.

I did buy a gorgeous evening dress from a friend though, and will possibly change into that for the evening, after all the guests have seen the wedding dress. Just becaus eit will be easier to dance in and probably more comfortable lol

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

Im having 2.

The first one is a cheap dress that I will wear to the legal ceremony in the morning. The second is my 'proper dress' and will wear it to the church ceremony in the afternon and for the wedding reception. Over here church weddings are not legally binding, and my OH does not want to see me in my dress until the 'proper' church wedding so I chose a cheap dress off ebay which I absolutely love.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I am having a prom-style dress for my first dance (it's sky blue and shorter than my white ballgown wedding dress). I bought it in the sale and I can wear it again after the wedding so I don't feel guilty at all. In my family, the bride changing dresses on the day is the done thing and it makes for more interesting photographs. I will probably spend an hour in the prom dress having a boogie on the disco then back into the white wedding dress to say goodbye to people as they leave.

I think it depends on whether you can afford it and maybe having a dress you can wear again can assuage some of the guilt.

One idea I had before I settled on my sky blue prom dress was maybe wearing one of those nice tea length wedding dresses in the evening. I really like House of Mooshki's designs:

http://www.houseofmooshki.com/our-dresses/

I think these dresses can be worn again at a nice garden party or something similar:

http://www.houseofmooshki.com/our-dresses/daisy/

http://www.houseofmooshki.com/our-dresses/holly/

http://www.houseofmooshki.com/our-dresses/kate/

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I'm having two dresses. My OH is Chinese, so I'm having a western wedding dress for the daytime, and then changing into a red and gold cheongsam for the evening do in respect of his culture. We're not having separate evening guests, so I'm going to get changed after the meal and before the first dance. It will also mean OH and I can have some alone time together while I'm getting ready for the evening.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where are you getting married? That is how it is in Germany (where I am from).

We are not having a big wedding, just ceremony, meal and chilling out so I will just have one dress but even if we did have two, I could never justify two expensive dresses.

Although, we are probably going to have a party with friends in Germany and I might wear a more casual dress then (or maybe I won't, but I'd definitely not wear my wedding dress).

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in Austria Smiley smile I agree that there is no way I could have bought 2 full price dresses, however my second was just 50 Smiley winking

This is my proper dress

and this is my cheap dress for the legal ceremony (£50 from ebay)

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing 2, one is an ivory mermaid gown and the second one is a traditional red Chinese dress from ebay for £50. I'm planning wearing wearing the Chinese dress for an hour during the Chinese door games & tea ceremony, then slip back into the ivory gown. I can wear the second dress again a couple of days after the wedding as my dad has organised a Chinese banquet in a Chinese restaurant for those we couldn't invite to the wedding.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your responses everyone.
    It's lovely to hear everyone's plans for the day, whether it involves a change of dresses or not. Loving the sound of the different culture ceremonies and celebrations.
    I've decided to go with a second dress. Its completely different to my day dress, it's a lot lighter, a little sexier and just more comfortable. I think I will be glad to change by the time 8pm comes. And it will be nice to get different pictures and to be able to dance more freely xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics