Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Agnieszka
Beginner August 2023 West Sussex

Two weddings

Agnieszka, 7 of August of 2023 at 08:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

I’m getting married for the 3rd time. It’s 1st time for my fiancé. We live in his home country, I’ve been here over 15 years, my second wedding was here too.

When we got engaged my instant reaction was to have 2 celebrations - one, more formal here as we live here and it’s his 1st marriage and another one in my home country.
Because I’m a teacher, I organised one wedding in the summer holidays and the other one in October half term. The other one is a smaller affair with sit down meal, cake cutting, photographer and then a informal dinner at our house with some catering etc. I’m planning on wearing a different dress but still have my makeup, hair, decorations in the restaurant etc.
Recently I’ve been doubling myself if it’s going to be ok. My main reason was that I didn’t want people to book flights and spend lots of money yet again for the 3rd time!!! But still wanted them to celebrate with us. But now the first ceremony is looking so much bigger with his family and both our friends and I’m worried that my family at home will take offence or will feel upset etc.
I’ve already sent invites for both events 😳
Photo of my cake for the celebration in October for taxTwo weddings 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics