Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Two weddings, one venue - Does it bother you?

Mrs-Riley, 26 of July of 2016 at 10:35 Posted on Planning 0 9

It's a question I've thought about a lot during my wedding planning. We've had one venue reject us because we were too small a party and they wouldn't be able to have another wedding on the same day (and so not make much money...) but then our chosen venue were really understanding and will be having two weddings on the day.

We've not seen it as a problem, because we are in a room downstairs and they are on the 5th floor, with restaurant and champagne bar - so we won't bump into each other really. (Also, because they have quite an expensive wedding package, I think it enabled us to get a much cheaper/better deal!)

We have had a slight hitch though.

Got an email today saying that the other wedding was supposed to arrive at 2pm, but they have let them know it's looking more like 3pm now - the time we were due to arrive.

There is a bar for people to congregate,so the two parties (and brides) risk bumping into each other. Although this didn't both me majorly, I felt a little uncomfortable as I didn't know what the reaction would be from the other party and whether we would be getting evil looks!

Our co-ordinator has been really apologetic about the changes and has offered us a complimentary arrival drink, which we can have in our own reception suite, and so will avoid the other party by being directed straight into there.

For me this is a win, win situation.

But I've had a lot of comments from people shocked that I'm so casual about sharing the venue with another wedding party.

Would it bother you?

(This is purely just out of interest - I'm very relaxed about it all!)

9 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsT17, 30 of July of 2016 at 22:14
  • kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Going on what you've said, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much either. I'm pretty laid back about everything too, and if you get the perk of an extra drink and a good deal, who's complaining ?. But would be concerned about the other party, especially if they've paid big money for a package and then see another bridal party. BUT, as long as the venue have explained everything to them as much as they've explained to you, and that they're ok with it, then I wouldn't see a problem. What's the point in getting worked up? It is what it is and there's not much you can do. The other lot are the ones who've made the change, so they have to accept the consequences. I'm sure they will have also been informed there's another wedding do going on at the same time. Just roll with it and have a blast. Other than a possible meeting when everyone arrives it's very unlikely you'll have anything to do with each other

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

In your situation I don't think it would bother me because it's unlikely you will all be in one place at the same time. Things like two brides pulling up at the same time or drunks from one crashing (deliberately or not) the wrong wedding might give me concerns but as you are spread apart that's not likely to happen. On the whole no i don't think I would be bothered.

Of course..... other than the other bride being younger / prettier and thinner than me. Lol. Kidding. Ish!

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

That's a tough one but they will have been made aware that you reserved that arrival time first. And if anything, it will just look as though you have tonnes of guests! You never know, some of your guests might hit it off and start their own hitched story. Failing that, you can always sneak in and raid their buffet Smiley smile

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

Im in agreement with you.

As long as they are aware there is another wedding on as well and have no issues.

I wouldnt mind sharing my venue with another party if it meant that I could take the venue I wanted.

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

We're having our ceremony at a historic hall at 11am, it opens to the public at 12pm. Our ceremony will be done and we'll be having a drink reception in a courtyard and room and at first it did bother me. But I really want tot get married there so that's the compromise. My dad did point out however that people might take photos of me in my dress, but oh well everyone loves a wedding ?

Like others have said it's not worth getting worked up over, I'm sure we'll all be a in a beautiful little bubble on our days anyway xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

My mum and Step-Dad shared their Wedding Venue and it was no big deal Smiley smile

In fact, they had paid for Fireworks on the night and decided to sneak into the other Wedding to find the Bride and Groom so that they could invite all THEIR guests out to watch the fireworks too!

I don't know if it would bother me. Probably not, but I don't have to worry as my venue is exclusive hire anyway haha

x

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

No I don't think it would bother me either - saying that, I don't think we looked at any venues which did have multiple weddings on the same day, but that wasn't a conscious decision!

Sounds like you've got a great deal out of it though!

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

This is happening to us, or something similar.

The second wedding party are having the main big building, and we are having the separate smaller building.

But we both have our own bar, and toilets etc.

It would only cause an issue if my guests arrive and go into the main building (quite likely knowing my family!). I have joked and said if the food looks better, try to snaffle some!! hehe

The only annoying moment I had was to do with the bridal suites.

I booked our wedding first. But when I went for the meeting I was told that the other party had already chosen which room they wanted. Fair enough I'm only getting changed and sleeping in it, so not overly bothered. But then the brides parents also wanted a bridal suite and wanted the next pick of the rooms. I started to get a bit annoyed, but was quickly told that they were informed that I would have the next pick and they would have the left over room. The place can cater for 3 weddings at a time. Apparently the brides parents were most put out!! cheeky sods!

But I've picked a nice room and left them with an extremely scary leopard print room!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have shot weddings at venues that have 4 weddings at once and from where I was in the grounds I could see the other 3.

Perhaps people are looking at it from the point of the "other smaller wedding" where the issues actually lie with the main big wedding as they are the ones that will have an issue with you being in their way, I say this proactively and use the words main bigger and smaller because that can be the attitude of some and will demand all the "rights" because they are the ones paying more.

Also when thinking about times, venues try to keep a gap so that perhaps they are sitting down before you arrive, but it can happen that they are running late and if you were married at a venue with no undercover space for photos and it rains then you could be leaving a lot earlier than thought.

I had a bride who was only getting ready at a venue but was made to wait because they would not let her leave until the other wedding had arrived which was late which meant that my bride was late. With all the best will to keep things separate, weddings are weddings and crossovers do happen.

• F
    Beginner September 2017
    FutureMrsT17 ·
    • Hide content

We were told from the beginning that there may be another wedding on the same day as ours. They have 2 different times though so you can either get married at 12 or 3. The time of your ceremony means you get a certain room and a certain bridal suite at a different part of the hotel. They've done it like that to try and minimise wedding parties running into each other which we really liked.

You get separate parts of the garden too without seeing each other which I definitely preferred. I went to my cousins wedding and at the reception venue there were 2 weddings there which woulda been fine but before the wedding breakfast we were all using the same bar/lobby and garden which I wasn't a fan of.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics