Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eskimo329
Beginner May 2015

Type of camera for DIY Photobooth

Eskimo329, 16 of November of 2014 at 20:00 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi everyone,

we met with our photographer today very exciting and we were discussing having a DIY photobooth.

i was planning on having a polaroid camera and lots of props but the photographer said that he wouldnt recommend a polaroid camera as people wont refill it or will break ir or walk off. He suggested having a digital camera on a tripod and tethering it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience doing this

Thanks all

love Eskimo

11 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 15 of May of 2015 at 08:31
  • S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

Well I used fujifilm instax camera and it worked well for us. Bought for £50 plus the films and went down a treat! No one walked off with it cause they were all having too much fun. Honestly get an instant one

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Tethering is a good idea although not all know how to set this up......Plus, do you want images to keep or give to guests or both....if so, you will need a printer as well....

Peter

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

We did want them so people could print one out and put it in the guestbook.....i have already brought a polaroid but my photographer has put me off using it Smiley sad

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I have seen the fujifilm instax camera used at quite a few weddings, they seem really easy to use and guests love them for that alone, not sure the Polaroid cameras are that easy from memory?

Wow just looked up the cost of refills and the cheapest cost £8.95 for 10 prints☹️

• Wayne La
    Wayne La ·
    • Hide content

+1 for Fuji Instax, if only for the reaction of a novelty, retro camera. Tethering it to a computer, then to a printer seems a whole load of hassle. If you think your guests are going to be a little careless with the camera, then stick the Instax on a tripod. Refilling it could be a problem but I would nominate someone to keep an eye on the booth.

Having said that, if you have a lot of guests and they'll all be taking multiple shots, then a DSLR could be a more cost effective option, whether self printing or digital files only. If you go for digital files, you can print out cards with a photo hosting url (Flickr for example) and your guests can download them from there.

• H
    Beginner March 2015
    ha3cro ·
    • Hide content

We're using the instax too. Hoping to ask one of the ushers to do regular checks for refills and also to coax people to use it if they're too shy/ sober! Refills are expensive but we wanted to do an instax guest book over a more traditional one.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the attraction to the instax isn't it, the seeing a printed photo and then putting them in an album for the couple to keep? expensive for refills but a lovely keepsake at the end of the night?.

• RogueSnowflake
    Beginner July 2015
    RogueSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

Just bumping this as we are thinking about having an instax camera. We have a wedpics app so if people use that we could download their pictures to make another alternative album. Then I'm not sure the instax is really needed.

Is anyone else having one?

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

I got married 2 weeks ago and we had an instant camera photobooth that went down really wel. people used the pics for our guestbook and i found people took pics on their phones etc. got some really good feedback from people to x

• RogueSnowflake
    Beginner July 2015
    RogueSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Ooh congratulations! Did you use an instax camera or have a professional photobooth?

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Instant camera x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I shot a wedding a couple of years ago and the groom had made his own which was a tethered compact and laptop all in a wooden mdf box with a button to press and a countdown and preview it was really good most of the props did end up on the dance floor.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics