Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2011

Types of bouquet handles

happycamper, 10 June, 2011 at 15:30 Posted on Planning 0 6

Can any OM's post pics of how their bouquets were tied? I would like to look at the "handle" part that the bride holds.

Thanks you muchly!

6 replies

Latest activity by happycamper, 11 June, 2011 at 21:04
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Here's a few 'handles' for you:-

Ribbon with zig zag pearl pin decoration

Ribbon with raffia trim:-

Handle covered with gold mesh ribbon and gold pearl pin decoration:-

Ribbon tie:-

Hope that helps!

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply Rainbow Florist. Unfortunately although I wanted silk, my mum was set on fresh flowers, so that's what I'm going with. I'm not sure if you could have the stems bare like in the first photo if they were real - wouldn't they be damp and possibly stain the dress?

My bouquet I have in mind is fairly informal, and I want the handle to match that style, but I can't seem to find pictures of the "wrong end" of bouquets!!

I also can't decide whether to put ivory ribbon or blue ribbon. Decisions decisions.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Yes, you can have the stems bare with fresh ones, no problem. If your flowers are delivered early on the morning of the wedding and you decide to pop them in water, just cover the stems by about an inch of water and then dry them thoroughly before you put your dress on. If they are dried, they don't stain. Any flowers which have a sap which drips from the stems will have already had their stems 'singed' the the florist to stop them leaking anyway. Also any pollen which may stain will also have been removed so it doesn't stain your dress. This is standard practice with all florists. Hope that helps. You can ask for them to be taped over but to be honest with fresh flowers, it can come off so there's no need really to have the stems taped as long as the stems are dried thoroughly. Hope that helps.

p.s. Why don't you have both ivory and blue? You could have the ivory as the main colour and a thinner overlay or plaited blue ribbon.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

Perfect, thank you aarchk! May I use your photo to send to my florist to show her what I want?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Like these:

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Sherrie, yes just like that! I love how someone on here always seems to come up with the answer even when I don't even understand the question!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics