Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2014

UK vs China - Sincerity Bridal 3750

kazza22, 17 of February of 2014 at 13:30 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi All,

New to this forum and wedding planning for summer this year!

Found "the dress" at the weekend which is Sincerity Bridal 3750 http://www.sinceritybridal.com/wedding_dress/3750
The issue is that my local supplier has quoted £825 plus I'll need to make alterations so it'll end up close to £1k.
But I didn't intend to fall in love with a particular dress and only went shopping to get a feel for the shape that suited me - I'd only budgeted half of that really as I'd seen so many dresses cheap online. Silly me!!

Having looked in to it a little more they are actually Chinese/US companies and I didn't realise until now that they're just copies of original so I'm concerned about quality. I've found a site that offers the same dress for just $250 so it's incredibly tempting but I really don't know what to do!

Can anyone lend any positive reviews on a particular site where you've bought online?

Thanks in advance,
Karen

5 replies

Latest activity by kazza22, 17 of February of 2014 at 15:00
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

It's a gamble - read lots of reviews. If you decide to go for it order it as early as possible and be prepared, in the worst case scenario, to lose $250 (£150?)

There are some horror stories, but there are also lots of very happy customers from Chinese companies - my OH's cousin bought hers from china and loves it. I've not seen it to comment.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Your local supplier is offering Chinese fakes for £800+??

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

There is a reason the actual dress is £800+

I think it's highly unlikely you'd get the quality/design of the Sincerity dress for $250 - and I think legally they have to change the design, they can't just to a straight copy. There is a page on Facebook who show the difference in quality of the Chinese dresses to the actual dress - https://www.facebook.com/BridesBeware

If you can afford to take the gamble then by all means try, but you would be better hunting on Preloved etc for your dress. Or cutting back elsewhere to afford it.

It is a lovely dress though.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I had the same problem. Was only going to a shop to try on to get a feel of what suited me. Fell in love with a dress that costs £1100. However, from China its £100. I did contemplate buying from China, but I just know that the quality of this dress will not be anywher enear as good as the original. So I am now scouring Preloved etc to find people selling the dress second hand. I have found someone selling it brand new for £600 (she postponed her wedding) so am going to try it on on Saturday.

Just think, you get what you pay for. It depends on the complexity of your dress in my opinion.

• K
    Beginner July 2014
    kazza22 ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

I've done a bit more research since posting and the difference in quality does seem to be quite vast. As I'm a stickler for this i think I'd end up being one of the disappointed brides so I'm going to avoid. I asked one lady to email me through an example of the same dress that she'd made before and it really didn't compare. Think I'm going to grin and bear it - pay more than I wanted to for the dream! It's only just been released as a design so as my wedding's in the summer I doubt I'll find it 2nd hand although will keep looking.

So pleased that you've managed to find your dress on preloved, really hope it works out for you. You might even be able to sell it back to the same lady haha!

I'll also check out the facebook page so thank you for that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics