Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rxooo
Beginner April 2022 Gloucestershire

uk wedding 2022 Australian Guests shall we postpone?

rxooo, 28 of April of 2021 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello,

Needed some advice I am getting married next year April and my partner family are from Australia just wanted to know if we should postpone the wedding as the borders in Australia don't seem to be opening anytime soon. Its quite a hard one as if the borders do open in Jan will be people be able to fly to the wedding by April.

Have no idea what to do our venue don't have have any dates until 2023 so not sure when to actually postpone.

Any advice not sure if anyone else is stuck in this predicament.

5 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 11:42
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are getting married in May 2022 and we are also concerned about the borders in Aus (I have family (and my matron of honour!) who live there). However we are still going ahead. We really want them to come (and are hopeful they will be able to) but it just isn't possible to plan for every unknown. If we postponed, we still couldn't guarantee they could come for the new date and at the end of the day, we just want to be married. Hope this helps.
  • Sarah
    Curious April 2022 Hampshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We are also getting married in April 2022 and half of my fiance's family are Australian- for these reasons we are organising a live stream just for them just in case they won't be able to come because of travel restrictions. Having said that, I think things are looking pretty good for COVID restrictions easing before April 2022. I would have a back-up plan (like a live stream and a separate celebration just for them when they can come down) just in case.

• rxooo
    rxooo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you soo much yes it does help
  • rxooo
    rxooo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you soo much we will keep that in mind we are trying to hold off and not rearrange…the other issue is that all the groomsman etc are friends from Australia pretty much the whole wedding party from my fiancé (groom) side. I am just hoping really for the restrictions to ease. It’s been two years in the making will be a shame to postpone.
  • rxooo
    rxooo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Giving me hope to push through 😭😭

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics