Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Phoebe
Beginner September 2024 Kent

Un Ask Groomsmem

Phoebe, 29 of January of 2024 at 18:04 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3
Hi,
I’m in a dilemma. My partner has asked 2 of his mates to be groomsmen. We used to spend a lot of time with them and their girlfriends but recently they have started spending a lot of time without us, ignoring us, and isolating my partner.
Can you ask people to not be part of a groom party anymore or what we can we do ? My partner doesn’t want to speak to them and I feel it’s not my place too but I don’t know what to do ….. any advice would be great thanks !

3 replies

Latest activity by Expensivepurplecars42258, 17 of February of 2024 at 21:39
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Were you paying for suits, if so you could say that you are needing to cut back and are not having groomsmen. Or so many groomsmen.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Bill's suggestion of blaming cost is a good one as long as they don't offer to pay for the suit cost themselves!

Disinviting someone from the wedding party can be friendship-ending, so your fiance needs to be sure he's happy to do without these friendships if he does disinvite them. But by the time someone has got to the stage of not wanting a friend in their wedding party any more, the friendship is usually over anyway. So you could just be blunt and tell them that since the relationship has changed so much, you no longer feel it is appropriate to have them in the wedding party.

It does need to be your OHs decision though - so sadly, if he doesn't want to raise it with them, you might just have to put up with it!

• Expensivepurplecars42258
    Beginner September 2024 Gwynedd
    Expensivepurplecars42258 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey that sounds absolutely awful I'm sorry this has happened to you and your partner Smiley sad

I'd just be honest with them and message explaining that you don't want them to be apart of your special day if they're going to ignore you.
    End of the day real friends don't ignore or make a friend feel left out and you're well within your rights to tell them where to go!
    Sending you lots of positive vibes and virtual hugs Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics