Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2021

Unconventional Rustic Beach Wedding & Beach BBQ Reception Abroad

BohemianBride, 9 of August of 2017 at 16:39 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

This is my first ever post, so please be gentle. I've only just got engaged, so all is very new to me and still getting used to calling my bf, my fiancé haha!

We'd love to get married abroad, and keep it small & intimate. We're both very sociable people, but quite shy about the idea of having lots of people staring at us so want to keep numbers as low as possible. Initial numbers looking to be between 25-35 people - we're hoping we can reduce the number - our ideal would be more like 22 people (his immediate family adds up to 11 people already - my immediate family is 1 LOL)

We're rather unconventional free-spirited people, so dreaming of a very relaxed bohemian/rustic style sandy beach wedding, where we can have an informal beach BBQ reception or eat at a beach front restaurant after the ceremony.

Absolutely love the idea of finding & supporting a small family run restaurant/taverna that's tucked away somewhere beautiful, rather than a big hotel in a trendy place.

For us, it's all about very fresh hearty seafood on the grill, some nice music and our immediate friends and family being with us for a very laid back affair.

We're considering Croatia, as we've just come back from Dubrovnik and loved it - but alas didn't find any sandy secluded beaches; though we did find a little restaurant tucked away up the coast with amazing food but on a pebble beach...

We're also considering the Greek islands, particularly Skiathos... but to be honest, anywhere in the Mediterranean on the coast would be lovely.

We'll likely be saving for it from scratch for a couple of years... so likely to be a rather limited budget...

Has anyone else had an unconventional beach wedding abroad? I'd love to hear your stories and ideas.

Any locations that might suit the slightly free-spirted/slightly hippie types (haha)? Any other free spirits out there?

Any recommendations of little restaurants or quiet beaches anywhere in the Med?

• Sophie
    Beginner July 2025 Somerset
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    Hey,

I hope you don’t mind the message but you’ve just described my perfect wedding, it’s exactly what I’m currently looking at. Did you find any where you recommend? 🌊 ☀️ Thanks Sophie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics