Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

poshpaws
Beginner May 2005

Under eye bags and dark circles

poshpaws, 14 July, 2009 at 20:30 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I've always had a little darkness under my eyes - I think it's hereditary - but it seems to have got worse in the three years since turning 30. I keep seeing pics of me with my eyes looking all small and piggy because of my huge shopping bags and no make up seems to cover my dark circles Smiley sad I've been looking into surgery today. I'm not normally vain at all (I've never really wore make up unless I was going out until I got past 30) but I really think these bags make me look older than I should. Before I go under the knife can any one recommend any creams or would even botox or such like look any better? Or should I just look and grow old gracefully?! I've tried all kinds of eye creams to no avail ut if anyone can recommend a really good one then please do.

5 replies

Latest activity by poshpaws, 15 July, 2009 at 12:51
  • HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

I spoke to a woman at one of my toddler groups about the bags under my eyes today, her husband is a GP who runs botox clinics, apparently you can't have it done under the eyes because there's no muscle there. I'm gutted because I was seriously considering having it done.

Touche eclat has been my friend for about 10 years, s'all I can do until I can afford surgery to have my eyes debagged and a browlift done. <sigh>

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

I've been using Clinique's "all about eyes" for about 6 months now and I do think it's made a difference to my black circles. Might be worth a go??

• Cheesecake Factory
    Beginner July 2004
    Cheesecake Factory ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS, it's quite pricey but it goes a very long way.

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

To cover dark circles then Benefit Your Bluffing is great. It's alot better than the lemon aid as it's creamier and so goes on nice and smooth. Use this and then you can use YSL Touche Eclat over the top.

I have dark circles and this combination gets rid of them completely.

Aimee x

• Mrs S Smith
    Beginner August 2007
    Mrs S Smith ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I had a facial (mmmmm!!!) for my birthday on Sunday, and I mentioned there that I was fed up with my eyes looking so tired and dark with big circles around them..

The beautician put it down to dehydration of the eyes, and did LOADS of treatments for the eyes - to be honest I could see a difference at the end of that day, having left on all the oils etc (ewww) all day. The cream she recommended is about £40/pot ? but still cheaper than Botox, I suppose? Could be worth a try?

xxx

• poshpaws
    Beginner May 2005
    poshpaws ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I think I will give the Clinque stuff a whirl but many creams have just not worked at all for me.

Aimee, I'm disclined to use the Benefit counter at our Debenhams as the girls there are useless! They sold me Lemon Aid instead of Boing (which sound like they did for you - Lemon Aid is for your eyelids apparently!), and mostly stand around talking to each other before they can be arsed dealing with anything so pressing as a customer! I might go to Mac or Bobbi Brown for some under-eye coverage lessons!

If these dont work I'm saving up the £2-3k to get the bags lifted! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics