Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Underskirt advice please *avec le FLASH!*

Mellow_Yellow, 16 July, 2011 at 19:53 Posted on Planning 0 7

This is my dress

Which underskirt should I buy...

this one

or this one

Or none of them, if I am completely off the mark...here is the link to the Jupon underskirt web page: http://www.jupon.com/petticoats.html

7 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 17 July, 2011 at 10:58
  • Daisymclazy
    Beginner July 2012
    Daisymclazy ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I can't see any difference between them - what am I missing? Have you tried the dress on with any underskirts?

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

Really like your dress. where did you buy it from. sorry not sure about underskirts did you not try rhem on with the dress?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, it's not that clear. 165 is slightly fuller, a few more layers to it I think. I did try an uunderskirt on with the dress, and it does need one, but the dress shop are about £100 for one whereas the manufacturer direct is about £50. However, the dress shop aren't very forthcoming on what style the one I tried on is as they want the money. Really, I'm hoping there's a dress expert on here that can help me.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww, thanks - it was June Brides at Eglinton Toll.

Also, Stacey, I'm arranging a Glasgow meet up if you're interested - see this link: https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/247132.aspx

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

Ultimately there is very, very little difference between them. The 165 is fuller as it has more layers, so if you like the fuller shape, then go for this one, but to be honest with you you wont see a HUGE amount of difference between the 2 under a dress.

From the silhouette of your dress, I would hazard a guess that you have on something like the 163, but it is really hard to tell as i've not seen the dress itself. Also, the dress looks like it was too long in the photo and often a skirt can appear fuller as it is lying on the ground, rather than the full weight of the fabric pulling the skirt down.

As a failsafe, we used to stock both the 163 and 165, and I would definitely say the 163 was a more "universal" underskirt and was used far more often than the 165

HTH!

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Was is definatly a 1 hoop underskirt you tried on in the shop? I don't think the number of layers ontop will make that big a difference with a heavy satin dress.

I had a satin dress for my first wedding and had a full underskirt like the second one but without a hoop and it didn't really do a very good job of holding it out!

don't know if that helps at all! PS ebay may be cheaper for one too x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well spotted Starstruck. The shop samples are for 5ft 5" brides and I'm 5ft 1"

Thank you for your advice.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, have emailed a seller on there who stocks pretty much the whole Jupon range, have asked her opinion too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics