Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lofty86
Beginner October 2012

Underwear

Lofty86, 2 July, 2012 at 19:51 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi All,

I was just hoping for some advice on where to get underwear from?

The lady in the dress shop said id need big hold you in underwear but I absolutely hate them! Plus ive lost a few stone so probably wont need them!

I'd just like some nice elegant, bridal knickers!

I cant wear shoes without tigthts either so was thinking of getting some bridal hold ups. What do you think?

Thanks

Kat x

8 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 4 July, 2012 at 16:49
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Can you flash your dress? The underwear you wear will be dictated mainly by that.

For example, if you have a fitted fishtail number, you won't be able to wear frilly pants, that will give you VPL.

Well done for losing weight. Remember, everyone wears shapewear at times, to give a good smooth line, not necessarily to make you slimmer, if that makes sense. I hate them too though but sometimes needs must and all that (although I don't tend to wear them as nothing is holding in my bottom!).

Personally the idea of having hold ups terrifies me, but I hate wearing tights, and I'd hate to get sweaty legs under my dress! But if you'll be comfortable in them, go for it.

Debenhams are normally pretty good, or try Boux Avenue. There's always Rigby and Peller or Agent Provocateur if you want to spoil yourself.

• Elizabeth Clare Tiaras
    Elizabeth Clare Tiaras ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I just wanted something simple but special and pretty. Something that felt bridal but wasnt over the top. Debenhams so have some lovely things. If you dont need shapewear to give a smooth line under your dress then try them. They do beautiful hold ups as well.

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Blondie28 ·
    • Hide content

I'm really lucky in that the style of dress i've gone for literally means i need no underwear other than knickers - and i could get away without them if i was that way inclined ? - which i'm not BTW!

I have just treated myself to some gorgeous cornflower blue (so there's my something blue) knickers from Rigby & Peller. I say treat yourself!

I was going to get some hold ups but the shoes i've gone for have a peep-toe so not sure whether i'll bother now - if i do i'll have to find ones without the seam bit in the toe as it will show. If you do go for hold ups just make sure you get really good quality ones that wont start rolling down - i have had that happen before and i dread to think how i would rectify that situation under my dress - it would probably take a team of 10!

xx

• Lofty86
    Beginner October 2012
    Lofty86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. Ill try Debenhams.

I never thought about how hot it would be in hold ups, might have to try them at my dress fitting and see.

I'm not too fussed about my lumps and bumps as they are a part of me! :-) Ill definately try both normal underwear and shapewear just to see which is best/most comfortable.

I cant flash a pic of my dress as this is both mine and the oh account. He's under strick instructions not to google my dress so if you want to look its sincerity 3509 - without the collar thing!

Kat x

• Elizabeth Clare Tiaras
    Elizabeth Clare Tiaras ·
    • Hide content

Oh I just had to go and google. BEAUTIFUL!! Even after being married for 9mths I still love to see other peoples. Stunning and it takes a lot for me to say that.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ❤️ this.

Dress is stunning, and I reckon treat yourself to a nice sexy pair of knickers!

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content

I went into town this morning to buy shapewear and i've come to the conclusion i'm the wrong shape for it. i have big legs (size 14's) and a small bust / waist (size10-12) so the shapewear cut off the circulation to my legs but didnt suck my stomach in at all really. useless!!

in the end i bought this matching bra & thong:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_152010617285_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtwonderbra

which will be ideal under my dress

then i'm intending on getting something like this for later ?

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_151010628385_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Lingerie~Bridal+lingerie+%26amp%3B+nightwear

• Lofty86
    Beginner October 2012
    Lofty86 ·
    • Hide content

Glad you like the dress ladies, got to admit i was having wobbles!

Kacy1988 - im pretty much the same size shape and thats how i felt when i bought shapewear for an xmas party! Needless to say, i didnt wear it and wore standard knickers and was much more comfortable.

I looked on Debenhams last night and found loads i like! now just need to decide which ones to go for! Ill probably buy a few and see what looks best under the dress. Its not like im not going to wear it and a lady always needs nice underwear!

Kat x

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Debenhams have lovely bridal ranges.

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics