Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Underwear help!!!

11 of October of 2013 at 09:45 Posted on Planning 0 4

I need peoples opinions...I've brought a dress (ivory, chiffon empire line dress) and don't know what to wear underneath. I'll probably go for the wonderbra (heard great reviews for larger busts) lol Smiley laugh I don't know what else!?! Just frenchies and hold ups? Or suspenders? Will you be able to see them (the bumps) through the dress? Should I buy a slip/ petticoat thing!?! Ideally I want a streamlined silhouette without bumps and lumps, I'm not fat (a 12/14) just not toned and a bit wobbly lol. just need to decide ASAP and buy as I'm getting married in JANUARY!!! Eiikkkk... Thanks Smiley smile xx

4 replies

Latest activity by RLB, 12 of October of 2013 at 20:56
  • C
    Beginner July 2014
    CezzaK ·
    • Hide content

I'm confused too! obviously you want to look the best in the day (lumps and bumps are a no no) but it's meant to be sexy for later on as well Smiley winking !! I was thinking of wearing some sucky-in pants as I've gone for a mermaid style dress but don't want to be uncomfortable all day

I would say go for some simple French knickers and a good bra (I agree with you on the wonderbra!) but maybe just scrap the hold-ups/suspenders idea?? personally I'd feel more comfortable without any sort of tights plus no one is going to see under your dress anyway! That way you're avoiding visible suspender belts and avoiding having to worry about anything falling down!

Let me know what you go for!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I went for suck it in pants that went from my knees up to my waist Smiley smile I wanted to feel good in my dress rather then worry about 'afterwards'.

My sister spent a lot of money on a matching set with suspenders - only to find that you could see it through her dress, so she never got to wear hers.

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to go for some shapewear underwear to wear under my dress and then take some nicer underwear/ nightwear to change into in the hotel at the end of the day.

I think the most important thing is to be comfortable and have a nice silhouette under your dress x

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I think ill try to wear a body if my dress allows, should help stop tummy lumps as there will be no waist band ?

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

At the moment, I've gone for a basque, but may well change my mind depending how it looks under the dress. When my brother got married, my sister in law wore a strapless bra and leopard print granny pants as she wanted to have something fun underneath! I think I'd rather go for comfort over sexiness - it'll be a long day, so comfort is the key.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics