Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daffodilly
Beginner August 2015

underwear. .. where to start? ??? ★flash - of dress not underwear!★

daffodilly, 5 of October of 2014 at 08:21 Posted on Planning 1 12

Hi ladies

So. .. I've bought my dress and it looks great on even without the alterations. .. but I'm clueless about the underwear that would be best with it.

It's enzoani giona. ..

Hope you can tell from the pic that straps are a definate no no. I'm thinking low back but still worried that this will show through the back details and think a corset style would be too restricting as the top of the dress is quite fitted. I'm certain i need a bra though as I'm a DD cup.

Help! Advice! Anything. .... xxx

12 replies

Latest activity by ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 8 of October of 2014 at 15:33
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Have you spoken to the seamstress about it as my dress has a lace back and I'm dd too so the women in the shop said I can go bra less as the dress will hold me in or I can get a built in bra so it may be an option for you?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Ps beautiful dress!!!

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

My dress has a really low back and I think I am going to get an Ultimo backless body like the below pics? These would work for your dress too I think. They are not too structured so should not be a problem with a tight dress.

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress! When I was MOH the bride wanted a similar dress but wouldn't go braless to we went in search of appropriate underwear and it was hard!

There were a few options- one was a clear strap (back and arms) from M&S- It did not look good!

The other option was a strapless bra with low back converter - the low back converter wraps around your waist and digs in- again it didn't look good- yo could see the digging in though the dress and it gave a poor silhouette, it was also really uncomfortable and with larger chested people (my friend is a c) I suspect it would offer little support.

The third option was a low back corset from house of fraser. which offered support and was comfortable but was quite restrictive when on with the dress and added extra bulk.

The 4th option was online, and was a thong body suit (really sexy!), low back and clear straps which were fasted at the back practically under the arm pits- it was really really uncomfortable in all areas.

I am also aware of another option- it is a bra where the straps kind of hook over the shoulders- they attach and reattach at the same bit on the bra meaning it is backless and the straps are at the furthest point on your shoulder so would be covered by the white bit of the dress on the picture. I have seen it in more expensive lingerie shops and on line but have no idea how comfy it is but it was designed for those of larger chests.

In the end my friend got a built in bra in the dress which worked well.

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

The thong body I described was what the lady above me posted- it will work, but it was really uncomfortable and really unsexy!

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies ladies.

It seems like I may have to go bra less or have something sewn in.

I'm very particular about comfort s that is a must and don't want straps to add any extra lumps and bumps in unusual places.

T I know the bodice will be a no go.... purely from a practical point of view. .. going to the loo will be challenging enough in the dress alone never mind that the too! Lol.

Looks like the it's just knickers for me then. ... must find a seamstress who can sort me, my dress and my boob issues!

Thanks for the advice and lovely dress comments. Xxx

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

I bought one of the ultimo body things a few years ago to wear with a backless dress. Without doubt the most uncomfortable thing i have ever worn, and also made my boobs look really wierd!! I think speaking to seamstress about something built in is a brilliant idea

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

I think I am going to have to try one of these on as if they are as bad as people say I obviously need to rethink my choice

• P
    Beginner November 2014
    pattio86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have just had my dress fitting and they are going to put a bra loop in the dress to pull it down and it is strapless so that should work for me i don't if it will for you but you could ask.

xx

• BAMS
    Beginner November 2014
    BAMS ·
    • Hide content

I'm having these sort of bra cup things (apologies not a very good description) sewn in to my dress so I don't need to wear a bra but still have a bit of support.

Not sure if that is an option?

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this - I have one in black that I bought ages ago to wear with a backless jumpsuit and it cuts you in two. I have a long torso though as I'm tall so it could be that. Quite difficult to go to the loo in too. Mine has poppers but opening and closing is fiddly because of where they are positioned. It's ok to wear for a few hours on a night out but no way would I wear one all day. The one I have also pushes you in from the sides to create cleavage but I notice the new design one available is no longer as low backed and not as low front as mine is. Mine has a low dip at the front for plunge neck lines too. Maybe the new design is more comfortable?

As a note the backless body also has straps you can't wear it strapless because of the design. I seem to remember it saying this clearly on the website. So you will at least need to wear clear straps with it - you can wear it halter neck if you didn't want the straps at the back but you will be able to see this at the top.

Ultimo also do a low back strapless bra which I have bought as my dress has a dipped back rather than it being backless or sheer backed. That is fairly comfortable but may not be low enough for that dress. http://www.ultimo.co.uk/shop/new-low-back-strapless-bra-1420/black

• T
    Beginner November 2014
    tiptopbride ·
    • Hide content

My dress is also backless and currently I have one of these: /fashions-forms-go-bare-backless-strapless-bra/p378534 in size E. It does fit but I'm not overly confident about whether it will stay in place/keep things where I want them! I've bought extra tape in case I do end up wearing this (I'm going to end up mummified!).

I'm going to speak to my dressmaker to see if they can sew anything into the dress so I could go braless as I'm not 100% sure about the backless bra but at the same time I would not be at all comfortable braless. I should have probably thought about this before buying a backless dress but I just fell in love with it!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I wore uber-low rider seamless knickers (M&S? Debenhams? Can't remember, something bog standard) but my back was lower than yours - even that Ultimo thing ^^^ would have been too high. I had bra cups sewn into the front of my dress. It felt more than secure enough for me (bear in mind that the dress should fit like a glove so you get support there as well, it's not like you're just wearing a regular tight-fit dress). I am a B cup though, so not sure how it feels for more blessed girls!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics