Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner July 2014

Underwhelmed?!

Daisyday, 29 of June of 2014 at 19:15 Posted on Planning 0 8

In two weeks time I will be married and going on my honeymoon and I cannot wait for that bit. To be married!

I know I should be floating on air and everyone is constantly 'you must be so excited' with hoorahs and giddy laughs...but I'm completely flat. Sure I'm not alone in this! I'm not unhappy or having cold feet or anything, just so tired of the whole thing, running errands, spending money and worrying about forgetting things on the day! Quite a quiet person too and dreading being the centre of attention!! Doesn't help that MoB is totally overwhelmingly overbearing and MIL is completely disinterested. My bridesmaids live a long way away too.

Really tired from a huge time at work but finish on Friday with a week to prepare.

I just imagined that I'd be giddy with it at this stage. Normal?! What can I do to get myself excited and really gear up?!

8 replies

Latest activity by SillyWrong, 1 of July of 2014 at 13:19
  • pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Sending you a hug! I think with weddings there is so much build up, organising and pressure that no way are us brides to be floating on air all the time. Planning a wedding is stressful!!!! I think that maybe once you finish work you can start to relax and enjoy the build up. You will also have your bridesmaids there too. As for on the day have a glass of champagne to calm the nerves and enjoy! Seeming it's the quickest day! Xx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I was a bit like this last week - with hindsight putting it down to PMT! Looking forward to it again now Smiley smile

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I think you will be excited on the day or even the night before. It will start to feel real then and all your preparation will be worth it, I am sure it will be a great day.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I feel very much underwhelmed with 2 months to go. Today OH re proposed as my replacement engagment ring came. I'd knocked mine off a window seal while bleaching my kitchen and shut the back door after only to realise my ring was crused and no repair shop said it could be fixed. He finally asked for my dad's permition and then asked me again Infront of all my family ( it had been posted to my sister because the site wouldn't take our card type so she brought it with her) although it was a really nice moment it didn't make me feel any better.

For a laugh today I also tried on my mums wedding dress, apart from feelin like a fool it didn't make me think 'oh gosh in 2 month I'll be standing in my dress' like I thought it would.

I done my sisters make up trial today ( I'm doing the girls make up as I'm good at it an they asked me to) and I got enjoyment over making my sister over, not when I done my own bridal make up today!

I can't wait to be a Mrs do t get me wrong but I do feel like it's so much fuss. Iv been told it's because Iv become really laid back about it all but I just feel I have nothing to do now.

In 3 weeks OH is on his stag weekend and I'm going round my parents for dinner so I'm sure there will be lots of wedding talk that will hype me up.

then my last Saturday of ring a Miss my mums coming roud with mumma Mia and wine so we can sob our hearts out to it like we used to, and with luck by then I'll be fully reconnected to our wedding.

I can't help but get annoyed when people tell me how close our wedding is because I feel I should be bouncing off the walls and I'm angry at myself others seem more excited then I am!!

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    Daisyday ·
    • Hide content

Ah bless you!

i think it's all built up to be such a romantic time, but reality is you are skint, shatter and anxious most of the time! Ditto with recent things...dress, make up and hair were all slightly wrong but planned right for the big day. Think I was expecting a choir to break out into song and floods of emotional tears!

It's all going to be worth it when it's upon us! Once we're caught up and on the fizz it'll be grand as the above hit her said!

Bring on being married!!

x

• Dilkara
    Beginner April 2015
    Dilkara ·
    • Hide content

I feel a bit like that, i just want the actual day to be over.

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

I promise it is normal to feel like that. I had it & really wanted to have that excitement, but it is incredibly stressful. I admit I was just wishing for normality back in my life. The day itself will be worth, but you have to allow yourself to enjoy it and ignore that 'irks' that try to create. We had an amazing day that we'd do all again if we could. Try to take a day or two just for you to relax a bit.

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    Laura19829 ·
    • Hide content

Aww don't worry you won't feel like it on the day and that's all that matters. You will have an amazing day - I was so laid back about mine and now I wish I could go back and do it all over again, it truly was the best day ever. Enjoy :-)

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I have seen this time and time again on here .. I think it must be a real thing, you know?

The Two Weeks To Go Slump!

Just keep going, you are going to have one of the best days of your life, you will have more lows before the big day, it's completely normal (from what i can gather!!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics