Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner December 2012

Uneven top table, what option would you choose?

LEA2012, 30 October, 2012 at 09:07 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi ladies, we are starting to sort out our table plans and are unsure and undecided with who / how to have our top table. We both decided a while back that we didnt like the traditional top tables and would like a round one probably with just us and our parents so that everyone can chat together. On visiting the venue again a couple weeks back the manager there suggested an oval table as if we had a round one then some people will have their back to the wedding. We were not too fussed by that but on mentioning it to mothers they have said that whilst they will do what we like they probably would like to be able to see everyone. We quite liked the oval table as everyone can still chat but are not sat in a formal long line and so started thinking we might go for that.

However, it's a bit uneven at the moment and we can't decide who else to add on. At the moment it would be me and OH, my parents, OH mum and husband, OH dad and wife, that would mean 4 people on one side of us but only 2 on the other as we dont want to split couples up.

Options are - the best man and his girlfriend, however I'm not sure I want the best mans girlfriend on our top table. Chief bridesmaid and her husband, however they have a 1 year old and I dont particularly want a baby on the top table. My 2 sisters who are bridesmaids and both single, however OH thinks it would be odd to have them there and not best man and chief bridesmaid. My little brother, who is the only one of my 4 brothers and sisters who isnt in the bridal party (older brother is an usher) and so would be a way to involve him.

OR, do we just leave it like it is and it doesnt matter that we are not bang in the middle?? Any suggestions on whether this would look odd?

Thank you :-)

PS, we also dont like the tables just the two of us and so that is not an option either

5 replies

Latest activity by ellebob, 30 October, 2012 at 15:30
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I think I would personally have your brother as a way to involve him, that sounds nice and would make you slightly less uneven too.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep, totally agree with this.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Can you not have a round table in the middle of the room?

That's what we're having, as I don't like the idea of being gawped at whilst I'm eating my dinner!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo that's a different idea, I'd not thought of that, more to think about! x

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

At the last wedding I went to, there were bride's parents on one side and groom's parents + 2 brothers (ushers) on the other side. I remember thinking it was a bit weird the brothers were up there but not the bride's sister, and that the ushers were up there but not the best man. But it never occurred to me that the bride and groom weren't in the middle until now. I guess everyone is probably drawn to them anyway so they're not going to notice who's on the sides!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics