Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Uninvited stag do guests

MrsP2B-2015, 12 of December of 2014 at 13:24 Posted on Planning 0 5

My H2B is having a surprise stag do in July 2015. He's got a few close friends, but it's not going to be a huge, drunken 'typical' stag do and will involve a small group of his old school friends (at least that's what the best man has led me to believe..!) I've got quite a large extended family - unlike him - and while I'm inviting some of his female relations to my hen party, he's not especially close to the males in mine so won't be inviting any.

I have no problem with that - it's up to him who he asks - however, the husbands of 2 of my cousins think that they're getting an invite; despite both being recently married into my family themselves and not inviting my H2B! (They've known him 4+ years) They also keep making wisecracks to me about strippers, etc and while it (genuinely!) doesn't bother me if he wants to go to a strip club. I don't want them to invite themselves, railroad and try to take over. I wonder if they think they're automatically invited as they're now 'family' or if they're just trying to wind me up by talking about strippers.

We're seeing them over the Christmas hols and I'd really appreciate some advice about how to handle the situation. I'm trying to laugh it off as a joke and have said it's not my decision about who goes on the stag do, so now they've started to message my H2B about dates, strip clubs, etc! He's just ignoring their messages (typical man) so I know I'm going to have to be the one to deal with the situation before it gets out of hand!!

In some respects, I'd like them to go as a way of integrating H2B more in the family, but I know he's not keen....! Any advice on how to handle this without offending anyone would be appreciated - Thanks lots! x

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsP2B-2015, 16 of December of 2014 at 12:52
  • S
    Beginner March 2015
    Sums2b ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like they are rather annoying to be honest! However, if you really don't mind whether they go what they all get up to etc, then I wouldn't worry about being the one to sort it. As you say, the stag is not your thing to arrange and if you h2b has already had messages from them then let him sort it out or continue to ignore them (a common make tactic I find lol)

Over Christmas I would stick to your line about it being nothing to do with you, and let the men sort it out!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Well I guess if they're not included on the emails/however it is being communicated, they won't know when it is, where it is etc so you could just go down that route.

OR, you/your H2B could be a bit more direct with them over the Christmas period and just say he's having a small stag do with his closest, oldest friends and leave it at that. Don't let him be bullied into having these extras!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Can you just drop it in to conversation where/what the stag do it so that it is obvious it's planned and they're not invited? e.g. 'oh yeah, so and so and his mates are off to Prague for the stag do - they should have a laugh' etc etc?

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I think they're trying to wind you up. They know full well that your OH would have responded to their messages if he'd want them there.

Just ignore them and dont engage. I wouldn't tell them where it is in case they turn up uninvited

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I would say they are just trying to annoy you, however I wouldn't even let it bother me if I were you. Are you organizing it or are his friends? I would have loved to have input into my H stag do, but it wasn't my place. I would honestly just leave it to your Oh and his friends to work out what to do.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsP2B-2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, yes it is all down to him to deal with. It's his stag do after all!! I'm going to leave it, and maybe have a chat with my cousin if they do keep it up throughout Christmas to get them to back off.

I'm fairly sure ignoring them will be H2B's tactic of choice...!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics