Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Unknown 1st dance song

MrsB2015, 16 of July of 2014 at 22:18 Posted on Planning 0 11

I have fallen in love with a song that's pretty unknown unless you have Ed Sheerans album, it's called thinking out loud. I really want it for our 1st dance but OH thinks people will loose interest or won't join us to dance if they don't know it.

has anyone had or having an unknown song?

xx

11 replies

Latest activity by SecretlyEloped, 17 of July of 2014 at 19:33
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year where the first dance song was by an unsigned band. My H2B was DJ and he had to download and convert it from their YouTube video to play, cos it wasn't available anywhere else. Nobody cared! If you love the song, have it. I don't think you'll be paying attention to how interested your guests are on the day.

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

We are considering the exact same song! I love the lyrics!

I have the opposite problem though...we are worried it will be released before our wedding and then loads of people will know it or that it will become a really popular wedding song.

We have that and another to choose from, we are going to see which one we love the most nearer the time...or have 2 dances haha! The other song is the acoustic version Latch by Sam Smith- most people have heard the disclosure version but only the acoustic if they have sam smiths album.

Its a really lovely song...i think people would join in even if they didn't know it.

xx

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

We're having a song that I'd never heard until I was looking for something suitable so I don't think it's very well known in the UK (Ray Lamontage - You Are The Best Thing). I like the fact that our guests won't have heard it a million times before and that if they ever heard it again it would hopefully remind them of us!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

We are having The Boxer Rebellion - You Belong to Me, it is a special song to us but i doubt any of our guests will know it .

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How spooky I downloaded latch the acoustic version for signing the register!!!!

I wonder if the Ed Sheeren song will be released as well! The lyrics are lovely and I love the slight upbeat tempo of it. So nice to know someone else has heard it lol xx

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

That is spooky!

We've loved latch for about a year now and we've even booked tickets to see him 2 weeks before the wedding... but the ed sheeran one just has something about it..its like it was written to be a first dance song. May have to have 2 dances ?

x

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

If it's a song that means something to you both then go for it.

Your guests will still love it! Plus they'll be...."What was that song???"

James

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Go for it! We're having a little known song for our first dance too ?

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Mr K played it to me the other day saying 'what do you think of this as a first dance song?' Loved it as soon as I heard it. He'd herd it on the radio so I'm guessing it is being released and a few people will know it by the wedding!

• BAMS
    Beginner November 2014
    BAMS ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This definitely - especially as bekkijane and I have the same song too!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

I like the fact that our song isn't that well known. It is a song that my other half chose & it means something to us - don't worry about everyone else!

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow - just looked up the Sam Smith song cos hadn't heard the acoustic version and it's beautiful!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics