Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

*unofficial* Slimming World Support & Discussion Thread

Mrs-Riley, 7 of March of 2016 at 15:40 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 8

Hi guys,

(*ADMINS* Let me know if this isn't allowed- I know certain diet plan discussions might not be, and I'm no rule breaker!)

I know a lot of you brides (and grooms) to be will be trying to become more active or maybe have started a diet. I have started Slimming World and would love to chat away with other members to share in the joy of losses!

- No need to share your weight or anything like that.

- Ask questions if you're not sure of the plan

- Share the news about yummy new products

- Post your own SW friendly recipes

- Share your weigh in day below, so we know when to cheer you on!

I am aiming to lose 18lbs by the end of May - as it's my first wedding dress meeting with the seamstress!

My weigh day is: Saturday

8 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousGreenConfetti511, 15 of April of 2016 at 17:12
  • M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mitteltobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi soon to be Riley! I'm aiming to lose at least a stone. I get married on June 11th so need to get cracking!! I tried slimming world last year and did really badly. Never dropped more than 7lbs and then put it back on. I am considering giving it another go though, if they recommend 2lbs weightloss a week I should drop it in 7 weeks. I've no idea when my dress fitting is but I'm dreading it. I'm also having a beach wedding so a body to go with it would be a bonus. Currently suffering with a cold though so healthy eating and fitness have gone out the window ?

Have you done slimming world before?x

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Definitely up for this! I've lost 5 1/2 stone on Slimming World so far and am 17lbs away from my wedding target (was 15 but had a pesky - well deserved- 2lb gain this week!) Finally fit into my dress after buying it two sizes too small but need to slim down a bit more in order to be the size I'd like for the wedding!

x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

This is my fourth time at Slimming World (?) - I had a very successful time one my first go, where I lost 1.5st in 3 months just before Christmas 2014. Then I had two failed attempts, where I only made it to two weeks worth then gave up! (Beginning of 2015 and end of 2015)

Thankfully, this time round I haven't put the weight back on (somehow managed to keep it off!) but I still have a way to go, so bought myself a 12 week countdown so that I can't give up!

It will be my second weigh in this Saturday - I lost 5.5lbs in my first week Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely love your dedication Mrslh2b!

Amazing weight loss so far!

• MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

Wow that is an amazing weight loss Mrslh2b. Well done!! How long did it take you?

I started slimming world last July and in 6 months I reached target weight - I have lost 2stones 1lb and feel amazing. I've been maintaining for 2 months now and I'm trying to exercise to tone up.

This is the only plan that has worked for me and I see it as a change of my bad eating habits to eating more healthily.

I cannot recommend slimming world enough!!

• L
    Beginner February 2017
    LuxuriousGreenConfetti511 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I am getting married in February 2017 and desperate to lose weight. I am wanting to drop at least two dress sizes before the wedding and I am considering joining slimming world. Perhaps we could support eachother? My wedding is a complete secret so I'm not able to discuss this with anyone....so it is really nice to chat to you all on here as I am so desperate to talk weddings! I don't even think I will tell many people about me dieting, as I would rather it was a surprise to them when I (hopefully) begin to lose weight! x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome to the thread, Lux! Hopefully we'll provide support for each other!

Wow- how are you keeping your wedding a secret?! Would love to know some more details.

I've managed to lose 10.5lbs since I started - so only another 7.5lbs to go before the end of May!

I've been very off plan this week though, so I'm expecting a gain tomorrow- which I'm fine with. Star week has been looming and I eat like a horse before it gets here!

• L
    Beginner February 2017
    LuxuriousGreenConfetti511 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! We are eloping to New York, which is why it is a secret! Well done you for losing 10.5lbs. Are you finding it easy to follow the diet? I am going to join on Monday, I am a bit nervous about doing so! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics