Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

doodlegram
Beginner May 2014

Unusual Themes - Maths/Physics

doodlegram, 7 of September of 2012 at 14:18 Posted on Planning 0 14

Good Afternoon hitchers!

Now after several unsuccessful forum searches, there appears to be no one with a Maths/Physics Wedding Theme on hitched, and not any unusual theme posts... (unless I'm using the forum search incorrectly as I'm quite new to hitched).

Google has given me some ideas, an I'm incorporating things like the Fibonacci Sequence into our invitations, and having the table names related to Maths/Physics (as well as explanatory booklets to each table name) as well as (hopefully) having a mathsy cake (with Minecraft* inspired toppers and having mathematical symbols on menus name, place cards etc.

I do have a slight concern that the theme wont be consistent in terms of stuff being exactly the same, but it's relatively minor.

So I'm putting it out there... do you have an unusual theme? how have you added it into your day? how much to you think is too much?

Emma ?

14 replies

Latest activity by Jordan, 23 of June of 2023 at 11:04
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As a spiral pattern or as a sequence of numbers (not sure people will "get" a straight list of numbers....).

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

Your theme sounds brilliant! I really love full commitment to themes!

We are having a travel theme as we got engaged in China, and have caught the travel bug but this is a ridiculously common theme.

I can't wait to see photos of your day!

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

I don't have anything useful to add, except I think you might be my OH in female form.

He would be so excited if I included any maths/physics/minecraft elements into our wedding!

• doodlegram
    Beginner May 2014
    doodlegram ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its the Spiral we're using. Different types of flowers and plants. May use the sequence equation on the table names though. To be decided!

• doodlegram
    Beginner May 2014
    doodlegram ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahaha! Well it suits us both down to the ground, except the Minecraft; he wanted a Minecraft cake, I didn't, so we've settled on "creeper" toppers in wedding attire.

I got the inspiration from my brother's theme (london transport) which included london underground lines for table names, and I thought "what's me?" and the only thing I could come up with is equations, maths and physics!

Whats your theme?

• doodlegram
    Beginner May 2014
    doodlegram ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile I do think I go OTT on these things sometimes!

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

Have you got any photos of your toppers? OH and I love Minecraft so would love to see them!

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Well I'm set to become Mrs Beech, so we've used that and are having a nautical/seaside theme. We did toy with the idea of beech trees, but I couldn't come up with anything! It has actually come together really well though.

I'd also love to see your toppers too!

• swampy1901
    Beginner August 2012
    swampy1901 ·
    • Hide content

We were struggling with this and in the end to tie in with our colour scheme as well as add a light-hearted comical touch - we went with all thing purple!! That ended up being characters from cartoons that were purple!! Think Share bear, Grape Ape. Count von Count etc - it got people thinking and talking what was the link?

My brother in law actually admitted they didn't want to admit to being thick because they couldn't work out the link! lol! He was quite relieved when we told him!!

Swampy

• doodlegram
    Beginner May 2014
    doodlegram ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's hilarious! ? Sounds like it was definitely a topic of conversation at the wedding !

With regard to our cake toppers, we've seen the below two on google (❤️ google) which are from an arts and crafts website. We're hoping Mojang will release some mini figurines between now and the wedding, but I'm sure MIL (very artsy and crafty) will help me make them if need be!

BTW, the figurines are of a "mob" called a "creeper" which walk toward you and blow up (very romantic, I know). It goes with our Emerald Green colour scheme too, which is fantabulous!

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Soon2bMrsMay ·
    • Hide content

Love the idea of such an unusual theme. We are getting married at an old car racetrack/ car museum. The track was last used in 1939 so we are having a 1940s theme.....ration books, bunting, war medals, all sorts! We have asked guests to dress up too!

Not as unusual as your theme but very us!

• P
    Beginner May 2022 Monmouthshire
    Pop ·
    • Hide content

One out of every five Americans has struggled with math since elementary school. Many students believe they are lousy at arithmetic because of a lack of involvement, public embarrassment, and poor grades. https://brighterly.com/math-courses/ You've come to the perfect location if you want your child to be comfortable with numbers and never be afraid of the chalkboard.

• J
    Beginner July 2024 West London
    Jordan ·
    • Hide content

Cazoom Maths provides valuable resources for Year 1 students with their Year 1 Maths Worksheets. These worksheets cover a variety of topics that are essential for building foundational mathematical skills in young learners. In Year 1, students are introduced to important mathematical concepts such as counting, number recognition, basic addition and subtraction, shapes, measurements, and more. The Year 1 Maths Worksheets from Cazoom Maths aim to reinforce and develop these skills through engaging exercises and activities.

• J
    Beginner July 2024 West London
    Jordan ·
    • Hide content

The worksheets follow a structured approach, covering a wide range of mathematical concepts and topics relevant to the fourth-grade curriculum. By engaging with these worksheets, students can reinforce their understanding of fundamental mathematical principles and develop essential problem-solving abilities.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics