Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2015

Unusual venues in Sheffield

LuxuriousGoldCars124, 25 of March of 2014 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all

We are just starting planning and I am finding searching for venues that meet all of our requirements quite tricky, I am not really looking for a hotel or stately home but really want somewhere a bit different that will allow private caterers (half the family is Italian so we want proper Italian caterers) that can accomodate approx 150 guests. Anyone any ideas?

Claire

10 replies

Latest activity by Michal, 12 of November of 2020 at 00:32
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

How about:

http://www.whirlowhallfarm.org/visits/venue-hire/

http://www.hargate-hall.co.uk/wedding-venue/self-catering-wedding-venue

• sarah1976
    Savvy September 2016
    sarah1976 ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/register-office/marriage-civil-partnership/approved-venues.html

There's a list of approved venues in Sheffield on their councils website. Take your pick.. ?

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    LuxuriousGoldCars124 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

I am considering a marquee or tipi wedding but as of yet haven't found a good location any suggestions?

I will take a look at the other suggestions but I am starting to think we will end up with not quite the perfect venue because of all the other things we want!

Cx

• P
    Beginner October 2013
    Pigletbride ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

We got married at Wood Lane Countryside Centre - not 'unusual' as such, best described as a barn but you can do anything you want - bring in your own caterers, put up marquee or tipi. It really suited us as we could make it very personal.

Rx

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    leanneleo ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this but withUS are the University related wedding venues and they have some interesting choices, especially if you studied there!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

We got married recently at Hargate Hall - about 40 minutes for Sheffield. It was perfect and totally DIY. No corkage fees and sort the catering yourself. I would totally recommend it to anyone, it was so personal and laid back. 150 max capacity. It is a big old house but a lot less formal than a stately home. Photos on the website don't do ti justice. PM me if you want any more info. It sleeps up to 70 people so great if you have guests travelling from abroad.

Wood lane is beautiful but has a low maximum capacity of around 100 so wouldn't suit you.

Green directions is an open space which produces green energy which hires the land for marquees or teepees - it overlooks rivelin valley.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

It's not Sheffield but have you seen the west mill at derby? My friend is getting there at it's beautiful all exposed brick and industrial touches. No corkage too x

• Michal
    South Yorkshire
    Michal ·
    • Hide content

The Abbeydale Picture House :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics