Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2014

Unusual Venues in West Midlands

Becky8, 16 February, 2013 at 13:04 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello! I'm just recently engaged and we're looking for a different venue in the West Midlands. We're in Birmingham and ideally wouldn't like to go too far, but we don't want the traditional manor house/wedding breakfast. We want to be able to put our own stamp on things....we like the idea of a barn conversion, ideally not too expensive!

Any ideas????

11 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 21 February, 2013 at 15:25
  • Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I always recommend my venue to anyone who asks.... http://www.avoncroft.org.uk/hospitality/weddings/ It's definitely unusual! Good luck with your search.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    Becky8 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! We've got Avoncroft down as one our choices to visit so far, and it does seem to fit the bill! Can I ask if you have gone with complete catering??

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

Heres some ideas

http://www.cheap-wedding-success.co.uk/wedding-venues-in-birmingham.html

Im in Brum also, we're getting married at Sandwell Register Office with a reception at Rowheath Pavilion in Bournville. Both venues have cost £1000 together.

• M
    Beginner January 2012
    Monica Geller ·
    • Hide content

Just had a look at Rowheath pavillion, it looks lovely. Did your cost include the catering?

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Packington Moor, Curradine Barns, Redhouse Barn, Wootton Park, Shustoke Farm Barns, Mythe Barns, The Ashes.

Aimee x

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

Hi Monica

No thats just for room hire and bar staff, I wanted somewhere you could do whatever you like with catering and decor. It's a little more expensive during peak season.

I have a bbq from the Happy Hog Co for 120 that has cost £550 - we are getting married in November so have room for haggling and discounts as its out of season.

Our afternoon tea will be homemade, and bought in finger sarnies from m&s, with homemade jam scones and cakes.

Our puddings are our wedding cake and a mixture of cakes/ doughnuts donated by friends and sweeties.

For later in the evening, we are having a load of cheese from Morrisons deli counter with homemade chutney and oatcakes.

Our total food budget has come in at £1000 for 120 guests, so even so, it is still working out cheaper than many hotel dos.

Smiley smile

• Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry for late reply, just seen this! Yeah we've gone with complete catering. They're 100% flexible on what you can have and Colin is a really friendly guy too! Hope you love Avoncroft, because I did!

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    Becky8 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for letting me know....we're hoping to have the picnic hamper starter, but as a main!! Can I be really cheeky and ask how much roughly it's costing?? You really don't have to answer if you don't want to as I understand it's very personal!

We're just trying to get an idea of how much to budget for....

Xx

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered the Custard Factory in Digbeth? It's quirky with lots of great photo ops and very central!

Zoe x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We used www.hattonvillagehall.co.uk for our reception. They do own a hog roast company as well, but you can use external catered, bring your own booze and/or use their bar, decorate how you like etc etc. Hire for the weekend was about £700 so plenty of time to set up beforehand. For a small fee they also clean up after you.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    Becky8 ·
    • Hide content

The custard factory was lovely, but we couldn't have our own caterers Smiley sad

It's so funny, we found that recently and have fallen in love with it! We're viewing on Saturday; I'm so excited!! And so pleased to hear a good review of it Smiley smile Did you use the hog roast company that are next to the village hall??

Thanks,
    Becky.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Was that reply to me? If so, yes, we used their hog roast company. A husband and wife are custodians of the hall, and the husband has the hog business as well. They recommended a hire service called Plato for all our stuff (we hated the hall's own crockery!) and they were also brilliant.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics