Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Unusual Wedding Venues in Hampshire. ***UPDATE***

MrsFitt2B, 12 of February of 2014 at 13:01 Posted on Planning 0 21

My OH and have started to look around for our venue. We've looked at a couple of hotels, but we've both said we'd like somewhere 'a bit different.'

So far we've looked at Fort Nelson and we're going to look at Boundary Oak School on Friday. For Nelson was a bit small for the Ceilidh we'd like to have at the reception, but other than that it was the perfect 'a bit different' we were looking for.

We've discounted places like the Spinnaker Tower and the Victorian Railway Station, ( I forget the name,) due to price, but we're running out of ideas.

I suppose what I'm saying is; does anyone know of anywhere that isn't obvious? Somewhere local to them that people tend to overlook? I'd say we've pretty much scoured the internet, so we really are looking for those little known places. We live in Gosport, so anywhere in the Portsmouth/Southampton area would be ideal.

Thanks in advance! Xx

21 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 16 of February of 2014 at 11:38
  • BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

Hi

a friend of mine got married in the 'treehouse' at Beaulieu in the new forest. It is lovely and definitely different and worth a look. Link below.

http://www.thenewforest.co.uk/thedms.aspx?dms=3&venue=3700015

xxx

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

That's just the idea we were looking for! I have sent them an enquiry - thank you!

xx

• BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

Eeeeek! Brilliant, let me know how goes xxx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Try this site https://www.findyourperfectvenue.com/

I absolutely LOVE the look of Boundary Oak School. The photo opportunities there would be amazing!!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest the 'tree house' at Beaulieu, I know a photographer that has shot a few weddings there

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all! I have sent enquiries to the Treehouse and to Winslowe House.

Excited to to hear back from them!!

xx

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Not sure how far away it is from you, but HMS Warrior do weddings...I loved this idea but a bit far for us!'

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsFitt2B,

I blogged about unique venues in Hampshire not so long ago - https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/blogs/planwithfran/page/20131010/zoe-visits-three-unique-venues-on-the-south-coast.aspx

Spinnaker Tower is featured but the HMS Warrior is also included - that's really unique!

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your search!

Zoe x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm considering re-visiting the idea of Warrior. It's right on our door step. I initially dismissed it because I didn't fancy the idea of having to sort our own caterer, but that doesn't actually seem all that daunting now!

xx

• B
    • Hide content

H.M.S Warrior is fantastic apart from the low ceilings?

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Bumble19 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at the Explosion museum in Gosport, they do weddings and it looks really cool!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest the Explosion Museum and HMS Warrior too! Only thing with HMS warrior is they dont allow stilettos so you would need to let all you guests know.

How about Square Tower in Portsmouth? Beautiful place. Or Beaulieu Motor Museum? They do fab weddings there and the grounds are stunning. The pictures would be amazing and they can cater too.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I LOVEEE the treehouse! I've seen a few weddings there and I'm desperate to shoot there!

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Deleted

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't necessarily have to be famous - just a bit different. Would you mind saying where it is?

xx

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Deleted

• A
    Beginner March 2016
    amrssoon2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi

My friend got married on HMS Warrior and had her reception at the Royal Maritime club (which is a 2 min walk from Warrior)

It was a beautiful and unusual day, but also one of the most rememberall days / weddings I have been too, it seems like yesterday Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

Just thought I'd let you all know - we found a venue!!

We looked at three Fort Nelson, Boundary Oak School and Explosion Museum. Yesterday we fell head over heels in love with The Grand Magazine at Explosion! Siobhan the weddi g organiser was amazing and I am so excited to get married there! It's a ten minute walk from our house and it's perfect!

xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Let the planning commence ?

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Bumble19 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations that's amazing! It's fantastic there, your pictures will look great!

• B
    • Hide content

Well that is the main thing you can tick off the box ?

• B
    • Hide content

Well that is the main thing you can tick off the box ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics