Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner

Upbeat First Dance

northwood, 4 February, 2010 at 15:25 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hiya

I was wondering if anyone is having a more upbeat first dance as opposed to the traditional slow number. We are considering Texas 'When we are together' though we will have to figure how to dance ?

9 replies

Latest activity by HWS, 5 February, 2010 at 00:10
  • Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Go for it, it will make a nice change. Just figure out a bit of a dance before the day.

• C
    Beginner May 2011
    Curly Panda ·
    • Hide content

We're playing with the idea of alanis morrisette's song "head over feet" - that or the other one we both like is "halo" by beyonce

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

We've got to have an upbeat first dance as my OH hates dancing and that's the only way i could get him to go for it, lol!

I was thinking of something like Michael Buble's Everything, it's got a beat as well as the nice words.

Go with what works for you. x

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Future BIL and SIL had Do You Love Me from Dirty Dancing - it was great, and everyone got really into it. Agree it doesn't have to be a slush-fest and you should do what works for you. Oof - CurlyPanda - love your choices.

• C
    Beginner May 2011
    Curly Panda ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thanks brideseekingblush ?

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

Good choices ladies.

I think we will need dance lessons first though, especially me as I have two left feet

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Love 'Halo',, have you heard the mashup version from Glee yet? I think that would be such a fun first dance song, lol. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1615vnUIQ

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a traditional "first dance". Our actual first dance (ie.e slushy song) will be our "last dance" about 11.15pm beofre we leave the building! ? It's Elton John - Something about the way you look tonight

We always think it's strange to start the disco off with a slow song and one of "our songs" is S Club 7 Reach so that's our first dance! It was actually the first dance we ever danced to - the night we met ?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Yes! I like Texas, and I also love the Alanis Morrissette suggestion.

We're having 'Don't Falter' by Mint Royale. It's so chirpy, and I love "Please stay with me, and never miss a chance to kiss me" and also "it's only right to have a little love around you" because our married name is Little :-)

• HWS
    HWS ·
    • Hide content

For those who may wish to Jazz it up a little, try listening to "Pauk Anka - Wonderwall"

It's a cover of Oasis but done very well with a big band sound behind it.

Ideal for those who have older members of family present and you wish for some guests to be brought onto the dance floor part way through your FD.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics