Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2021 Co Londonderry

Upcoming wedding and lockdown weight gain

Amy, 27 of May of 2021 at 07:15 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 14

Hi,

I am hopefully getting married in the beginning of August and now feeling really down as i haven't lost the weight i was planning to for the wedding. I have actually put on more weight! I have my first fitting at the end of June and its now hitting me that i wont be able to lose the weight in time (about a stone and a half). I know this should be the least of my worries with Covid and this being our 3rd wedding date, but i am not comfortable in my body at the moment and dreading the fitting. I am so disappointed in myself and the more stressed i am the more i eat! Just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat xx

14 replies

Latest activity by ashleysummer, 11 of January of 2022 at 20:43
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Me!! Im the same. Getting married august and have dress fitting in June.
    In my head I had planned to lose a stone plus any baby weight I still have but it hasn’t gone to plan at all.

I’m now telling myself the photos will show that we survived lockdown and had a baby 😂 I’m also shopping for some extremely super Spanx and googling how to airbrush photos.
    Although you may not feel it, I bet your look stunning and once you actually walk down that aisle your forget all these feeling 😘😘
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content
    Try not to dwell on it too much, we're always so much more critical of ourselves than others are. However, the best way I've seen people lose weight quick is to cut out carbs - it's not overly sustainable in the long run but for a quick shift it might work. That and get out walking when you can, it's so good for you!

Good luck and hope you have a lovely day regardless 😊
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    There’s some good advice here. Cutting out carbs and eating a high protein diet will give some ‘quick fix’ results. The body uses more energy to process protein so keeps your metabolism elevated. You need to be in a calorie deficit. Diet plays a part, but for best results you’ll need to exercise. I’d say minimum of 3 times a week, but if you’re happy to do daily then go for it! If you find exercise boring, even something like dancing round your front room for 20 mins (as long as it’s energetic) will help. Or check out the app Fastic. It tailors exercise routines based on your goal and the basic version is free. Most routines are 10-15 mins so you could do one in the morning and one in the evening. Average weight loss is around 2lb a week, so you could be on track to lose around a stone before your big day x
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Michael Mosley’s fast 800. Do that for a few weeks and you’re guaranteed to drop a few lbs. good luck
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry, meant FitOn not Fastic!
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha honestly I look back at the past few months and think what the hell has happened, nothing has gone to plan! If i don't shift anything airbrushing will be the backup! And thank you, you too! xx

• A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for all your tips and kind words, this has motivated me so much and will be starting low carb and possibly fast800 if i can manage! Also exercised again today after a long break and already feel so much better for it xx

• BlueBride
    Savvy September 2021 Leicestershire
    BlueBride ·
    • Hide content
    Hey Amy. Sorry to hear that but don't panic. Check out KETO, my fiance has lost a stone in a month by cutting out carbs, the weight is shredding off him and he's not a very active person so he'd be losing more if he exercised. Hope you get to where you want to be by the end of June. If you start tomorrow and stick with it, you will get there! Good luck 😊
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    Don’t be too hard on yourself! You’ve still got time to safely loose a stone before your wedding. I would also recommend walking and power walking. It’s quite relaxing too so will hopefully mean you won’t feel as stressed.
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your message! Trying not to! I have started power walking in the morning and find it so beneficial for stress x

• A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Ahh thats amazing weight loss. I have started low carb, feeling a lot more full than i thought i would, but trying not to obsess over the scale as i've only lost a pound so far! Will stay committed and really hope i'll be at least a bit more comfortable in my body for the fitting x

• R
    Beginner October 2023 Lothian & Borders
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content

You can try a 30 day fitness challenge from Courtney Black (she has an app and an instagram). It's really intense and tough (suitable for all fitness levels) but you end up with a huge non-scale (and scale) victory and it makes you feel absolutely amazing about yourself without the need for a horrible restrictive diet. The app also has tonnes of nice recipes on it like fake nandos etc so you really don't feel like you're on a 'diet'.

I literally got abs in a month from it - I am slim to begin with but that's still a bloody good achievement for a month!

• D
    Beginner June 2023 Zhejiang
    David ·
    • Hide content

A weight loss plan for several months, such as eating only a little bit, exercising for three or four hours a day, etc.

The fast way to lose weight is very unhealthy

And it is easy to cause weight rebound after not persisting

So in my opinion, if you can't lose weight, you can't force it. A healthy way to lose weight is the most important. As for the dress, you can choose a larger one.

After all, your husband likes a healthy and happy you, not an anxious you.

• S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    I'm exactly the same, I had like a year and a half to lose weight but I've just been lazy especially with all the lockdowns. Just do what you can before your wedding day, eat healthy but don't not eat enough because you'll feel and look worse. Don't put too much pressure on your self, I'm sure you'll look great on the day anyway. My fitness pal is a good way to keep a track of what your eating, drink plenty of water and exercise, even just going for a few walks throughout the day will help 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics