Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2009

Update from our wedding in May with pictures(hopefully).

MRS BREWER 2B, 7 July, 2009 at 19:17 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hiya everyone just thought i would update you and tell you all about our wedding at the end of May. (hopefully some of you will remember both myself and my husband).

I firstly will appologise for taking so long to tell all, however we only recieved our photos back last week, and wanted to show all.

We had so much chaos before the wedding but i will say it all turned out great in the end.

The day before our wedding we had rehersals and was setting up the venue, when i so cleverly slipped over on the wet dance floor and managed to break my big toe!!

(only i could do this i am so clumsy!!)

Please feel free to laugh as i was in quite humorous spirits about it all, i think i was glad it was only my toe!!

I had felt that our wedding wasnt ment to be or someone was trying to tell us something, when we had a whole list of mis haps before had,

including the venue flooding,

the suit hire place shutting down 4 days before our wedding,

a fall out with my sister so no young bridesmaids and pageboys! (which unfortunately still isnt sorted),

a honeymoon to mexico a few weeks after swine flu,

my dads health taking a serious downhill unfortunately he was terrible on the day and even had to be dressed by my husband and son and the weeks before hand he had been in hospital 4 times in a month with the last being just a week before the wedding,

not to name serious problems with the bridesmaid outfits a week before the wedding.

However i love my husband to bits and wouldnt be without him, so most things were taken by me with a pinch of salt, i kept saying to myself after each mis hap "i mean what else could go wrong!!! " (haha).

The toe was the final icing on the cake which i laughed about so much (when i wasnt in pain of course!!).

Anyway the day was absolutely beautiful, with all our careful planning it was just how i wanted it.

I am aware that i am not traditional and that i love to be different, so as i said i loved my special day, although it may not be to everybodies taste!!

I will include the pictures here as to not boar you too much!!

http://albums.townandcountryphoto.co.uk/270509 (sorry i will only list them for a short while because of the nature of some peoples jobs!!)

My day started with a surprise beatle (my favourite car) organised by my husband for me and my maid of honour to the venue (we descided we didnt need posh tranport as we were getting ready and staying at the same venue the whole day!). He also had a poem and an invite for me, which was lovely.

We had an hour of finishing the decor, and then the lady turned up to do our hair and makeup.

The ceremony took place outside in a pavillion as i had always dreamed of an outside wedding, with less then 20 guests. luckily the rain had stopped by the afternoon, it was still extreamly windy, and my poor guests froze, however nobody moaded as they all knew me well and knew it was what i wanted.

We then took the tractor back to the day time venue.

My husband had aranged for the beatle to come back and take us for a drive which was lovely as the rest of the day went so quick i didnt feel like we had that much time together with just me and my new hubbie.

We had afternoon tea with all our guests (which was supposed to be in a marque but had to be moved inside due to the weather!), which was a nice quiet affair with close friends and family, and the men got their speeches out the way, including my husbands which was funny, including a gag about me buying him a present which was a ball and chain!! (wont dare say whether this is true or not!!!)

And believe it or not by this time our evening guests had started to arrive.

We had a sit down buffet with hog roast which was lovely. And sky lanterns before we cut the cake.(i know not everyone likes these however we had such a laugh with our guests everyone enjoyed them!).

After the first dance our cab turned up to take us off for our honeymoon.

I will say i wouldnt have changed a thing because my wedding day was perfect, however i would of liked a bit of a boogie myself and didnt get a chance! (too busy talking to the guests and having photos done!).

The honeymoon was amazing, just wish i was still in mexico!!

By the way when you see the photos of the tables, between my husband and me we made nearly everything. The cakes, all the flowers including mine and the bridesmaids, all the tablecloths, the name tags, some of the dreaded chair covers (which we needed as the chairs were not great!), the balloon decorations, the table decorations, some of the food for the buffet, just to list a few!! So please dont think weddings cost a fortune if you are creative and have the time you can have what you want even on a tight budget.

Can i just say the only let down were the photos many of my guests took far nicer photos which was a let down after the wedding i had waited so long for them i was disapointed as we spent over £1000 on the photographer, and i didnt get all the photos i had asked for including one of all the evening guests.

Sorry to go on just thought i would say all.

Hope you like!!!

8 replies

Latest activity by MRS BREWER 2B, 8 July, 2009 at 11:50
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Sounds and looks like you had a fab day despite the mishaps.

Lovely photos, and as Tinkerbelle said, the black & white theme looks fab. Did you make the cake? It looks great.

Just one nit to pick.................the bit about not wanting posh cars...........erm the beetle is fantastic. I love it! Who needs a Bentley or rolls when you can have an air cooled VW?!!

(by the way - I am going in our campervan)

• MrsWoozle
    Beginner November 2007
    MrsWoozle ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, looks like you had so much fun and well done on keeping on smiling through all the disasters leading up to the wedding! I hope you sort things out with your sister soon.

• M
    Beginner May 2009
    MRS BREWER 2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your kind coments!!

Good on you Zippy!

If you cant do what you want on your special day when can you!!

And yes your right to me a beetle is better than any bentley!

We had descided there was no need for any cars so this was a lovely surprise!!

Yes the cake was homemade by yours truely aswell as the cupcakes!

And we stayed in between cancun and playa del carmen in a absolutely beatiful resort just wish i was still there!!

Thank you everybody for all your advice upto our wedding it was much appriciated!!

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

Hope you both have a long and happy life together.

Ali xx

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

Love the pictures, they are all so natural and capture all the real emotions.....what a great photographer. Looks like you all had a wonderful day, your dress is lush.

x

• Keelz
    Beginner
    Keelz ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic photo's.

Loving the black & white theme which is good because that's the colour scheme I'm going for, looks brillaint.

Congrats to you both.

• groomwithaview
    Beginner October 2009
    groomwithaview ·
    • Hide content

Wow - looks amazing! Especially love the cupcakes! Could eat one of those now!

• M
    Beginner May 2009
    MRS BREWER 2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your nice comments,

funny you should say about the cupcakes, we have loads left in our freezer!

The joys of a wedding left overs!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics