Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

UPDATE. Place name kit with flashes

Clairebo, 12 of April of 2015 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 0 12

Finally! I've cracked it with the DIY place name kit from hobbycraft. You may remember my struggle I was having trying to get them to print out, well all I really needed was a decent printer ?. So borrowed an office printer from my friend and BOOM all done. So pleased with myself

And whilst I had the use of a decent printer I've also done the table plan ? now NOONE is allowed to cancel now lol

So a very productive Sunday for me ?

12 replies

Latest activity by Fairytales19, 3 of May of 2015 at 18:12
  • daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

Ooohhh. Very nice!

They have hearts on too... that's the kind of theme I've unintentionally fallen into.

Like like like.

Were they reasonably price? If you don't mind me asking. ?

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Miss-KEM ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely...look very professional. they have just the right amount of detail on so not too plain but not too fussy either.

Love the frame for your table plan too.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

The place cards are £3 for a pack of 42??!! At hobbycraft. I needed 60 so had to buy 2 packs. The stick on diamanté were 99p a sheet. So altogether cost be £7.00 for the lot

you do need Microsoft word to download the template though so be aware. And a good printer that will take card

the frame for table plan is from home bargains £5.49 and I just bought the paper to print on colour to match theme for £1.50 for a pack hobbycraft

bargain of the wedding probably. Under £20 for it all. ?

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that! I'd be just over the one pack limit too... bum lol!

I was in hobby craft yesterday and didn't see those. ... must look harder!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Daffodilly

they come in an A4 size pack with 6 cards to each sheet. So that's what you need to look for, not individual place cards In the wedding section

?

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Your table plan is beautiful.. I love it! Smiley smile xx

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone

phew! My MOH has just been round to have a look (and I got her sticking the diamantes on the rest of place cards! Lol) noticed there was 2 people missing of one table, flipping computer had put them on another page without me noticing!,, slight adjustment and another print and all sorted ?

x

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

They look fab - such a bargain too. I had to get my 80 year old computer illiterate Grandmother to show me how to print labels for my save the dates the other day so I wouldn't even know where to start with these...! Printing is not my strong point but you've done a great job!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

They look great!! glad you finally had some luck with the printer i remember your other thread! xx

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

They look amazing, nice touch with the gems...

Random question, but i was looking at these myself online, and trying to work out if my printer is good enough, does it state anywhere on packaging or anything how thick the card is?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Hi

no info about the thickness of the card on the packaging, in fact not a lot of details at all. It wasn't till I got it home and went onto the site to,download the template that I found out you needed Microsoft office!,,,,

just 3 instructions on pack. Got to website - which is diyprintathome.com

Download template

Print

if it helps I first tried to print these on my printer which is HP desk jet, no joy and loads of problems trying to print. Then borrowed a HP office jet and it worked a treat

good luck, they do look fab and a bargain at the price

x

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Ms office!! Hope you didn't pay for it? I don't have it but my son has it for college so I'll hijack his laptop.
    My printer is a photo printer so it can handle light card but I dunno about anything too thick. For £3 I might give it a whirl anyway. But after reading your other thread I doubt I'll be as patient as you. Plan b is to use someone off eBay lol

• Fairytales19
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairytales19 ·
    • Hide content

Both look great! Love your table plan, very pretty

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics