Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

*Updated* OMs, how long did you wait for your video?

I-go-by-many-names, 26 of September of 2015 at 10:36

Posted on Planning 42

In a week's time it will be exactly six months since our wedding and although we have a trailer, we don't have our video from our VOG. The contract says nothing about how long it takes but I remember asking before we booked and we were told 6 months but he said it was just to cover their backs, as...

In a week's time it will be exactly six months since our wedding and although we have a trailer, we don't have our video from our VOG. The contract says nothing about how long it takes but I remember asking before we booked and we were told 6 months but he said it was just to cover their backs, as if we would get it sooner. I appreciate editing a video takes a lot of man hours but I'm now starting to worry.

My plan is to email him next weekend but I'm just curious, how long did other couples wait for theirs?

42 replies

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

So sorry that you're still getting messed about. You don't have to say anything inflammatory on Twitter (at least to start with) why not try something like "Mum and Nana are going to love their copy of our @videocompany #wedding video for #christmas #excited"

It seems like you're bigging them up but actually you're signalling a deadline.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

First time I've seen this post IGBMN, and I can't believe you've been waiting this long - u even remember watching your highlights video! Our videographer quotes 12-13 weeks from the wedding. We were married 28th August, and our highlights film went live on his website/social media on Thursday evening, with our full edit DVDs going in the post the following morning (not seen it yet though as posty came when no-one was home yesterday so its at the local depot to be collected tomorrow!) Waiting as long as you have is totally unacceptable. I don't understand why they would go to the effort of trawling through all of your footage to make a 5 minute highlights video, without doing the editing for the full length version at the same time? Doesn't make sense to me, they're creating more work for themselves - not wonder they take so long!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I have never known anything remotely like this. At this point I would have listed on their website/Facebook whatever has anyone actually received the video they paid for because I have been waiting x months!

Something weird here imo.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree with the above ☹️

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

Any news yet IGBMN? Hope so!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Finally today we got our video. And yes it is lovely, BUT there is only about 2 seconds of my mum in the entire 41 mins :-( she was the main reason we had it made and I made that clear when we booked the VOG but I think he may have forgotten and assumed my stepmum is my mum.

For those who don't know, my mum is very ill and had to leave the wedding at around 5. We knew she wouldn't be well enough to participate in the whole day and so we booked a VOG. Because of her illness she couldn't play a key role but on the day she did 'feature' prominently twice- 1) she was a witness during the ceremony, 2) my dad had the room in tears when he thanked my mum for raising me in his speech. Our VOG has not included either of those moments in the video! There's also a bit where we are having photos taken and all parents are there except her.

Now I don't know what to do. It took them over 8 months to produce anything, how can I expect them to edit it further?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think the first thing to ask is... Is there any footage you haven't used because my mother isn't in it. I wouldn't be more specific than that at first. If they don't have other footage you're stumped. If there is other footage you need to let them know quickly so they don't get rid of it. Once you know you can take it from there.

If you decide to let them edit it I would be making it absolutely clear that your mother is extremely ill and you need this done quickly so that she sees it. Regardless of whether that's actually the case at all. Especially as you waited so many months for it to be done.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I am extremely pleased you did get it in the end. Sorry. Forgot to say that! I wasn't actually convinced it wasn't all a con.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so pleased to hear you got there in the end (sort of) but you really should go back to them and asked if there was any additional footage of your mum they can include. I get that you must be withered from the entire process, but this was a specific requirement you gave them in advance. Good luck.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

My OH has rang them today, unsurprisingly they didn't answer the phone so he has left a message. And yes, I am indeed withered! I had so wished this ordeal would have ended by now. At least we have an actual video even if it's not what we wanted.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I have been reading this, and I am so sorry that after all this time, the end product just isn't right.

Just hoping that you do get the extra footage. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics