Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ph03nix
Beginner June 2015

ushers vs brideamaids

ph03nix, 3 of June of 2014 at 09:58 Posted on Planning 0 15

So my OH (first time i've used that phrase - weird!) wants 4 ushers as well as his best man whereas i'm having just the two bridesmaids. Do you think it'd look weird having different amounts of each? Is anyone else doing this? I am ponderinga third bridesmaid but want to see hw she copes after having her first baby next week, but we'd still be two off!

15 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 3 of June of 2014 at 12:45
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Nah its not important if you dont 'match', just stick with those who you trust and can handle it, quality over quantity :-)

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content

Really wouldn't worry - certainly not worth having people just to make up numbers. My oh is having best man plus 4 ushers and I just have 2 bridesmaids.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to Hitched and congrats on your engagement. All exciting times ahead. Smiley smile

You don't say how long it is until your wedding, but unless it's within a the next couple of weeks, not sure why having a baby next week will affect your friend being bridesmaid unless you are just looking to make up numbers. BMs and ushers/groomsmen should be chosen/asked because you have a special relationship with them. It doesn't matter really how the numbers work, within reason, and I don't think 2 BMs and 4 ushers/groomsmen would look odd at all.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Lol, I had a vision of them all in boxing gloves squaring up for a fight!!

No, they don't need to match unless you're planning an american style procession x

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I like ushers, but I like bridesmaids.

There appears only one way to settle this.....

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

We're not having any ushers at all, I think it's a bit of a waste of money to be honest. My OH is having a best man and I'm having two bridesmaids, my Sister and SIL and my two brothers are giving me away.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

We are having two bridesmaids, two best men and 3 ushers so no, ours aren't matched numbers wise.

The ushers really are to include my brother and OH's cousins as much as anything, I'm not expecting a huge amount from them except being charming and helpful!

• E
    Beginner July 2015
    EllieTea ·
    • Hide content

Nope - we're having 1 bridesmaid, 2 best men and 2 ushers. The only time we really expect them to all be together is for a few photos. The ushers only jobs as far as I'm concerned is to show people to their seats before the ceremony and maybe do a bit of running about for us getting people we want in a few photos. the rest of the day they'll be 'normal' guests

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's a problem if the numbers don't match. My OH seems to add more ushers by the day. I keep telling him there will be no normal guests at this rate! We are not going super formal though so the ushers will just have matching ties, pocket squares and a buttonhole and in their own suits.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

????

I had a couple down the weekend and the bride was saying she is having 12 bridesmaids and keeps adding more.?

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought exactly the same - thought it was some kind of evening entertainment you had planned!?

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

Ours arent matched either- we are having 2 bridesmaids, 2 bestmen, 2 ushers.

I was considering having a 3rd bridesmaid but instead asked my friend to do a reading- could you look to include your friend in another way?

x

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking exactly the same.........?

Numbers wise though, don't worry..

Peter

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I once had a 12 bridesmaid wedding where they all left from a one bedroom flat.....How on earth did they manage to get ready and what the queue for the bathroom was like, heaven only knows!!!!!

Peter

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Never thought of that? I think the most was 8 bridesmaids but it was in a stately home?. Just checked and there venue rooms are BIG? panic over?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics