Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beckalina
Beginner April 2017

Using a hire car instead of a wedding car

Beckalina, 6 of November of 2015 at 20:27 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm looking at transport from house to church to venue and I begrudge paying hundreds of pounds for something I'm not massively bothered about.

I don't want to turn up in a taxi but at the same time, I don't care about vintage cars or anything like that. So I'm thinking about using a premium hire car (like a Merc) and just adding ribbons? My dad's best friend would happily chauffeur and looking at quick prices, for the day hire I'd be looking at about £90.

Has anyone done this / known it to be done?

7 replies

Latest activity by Neil Gratton Photography, 7 of November of 2015 at 07:09
  • M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I looked at hiring a posh BMW for the wedding weekend for groom to drive to venue and then drive us home the next day. It was going to cost about £200 for friday till Monday but they wanted an outrageous deposit I think it was £2000 so we decided against it as will not have that cash sat in the bank to secure it.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content

Whaaaat?! Crikey! Did they know it was for a wedding or is that kind of deposit normal?

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Normally when you hire a car you pay a deposit or they hold the money till car returned. For normal cars it usually about 200.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine didn't do that exactly, but she contacted an airport transfer service who work for executives, i.e nice cars, and they whacked the ribbons on, donned a hat and did the deed, for £10 more than their normal hire (charge for ribbons and summit else simple i forget)

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well I didn't know that. Oh bum!

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I considered this but I'm pretty sure my local firm charge the equivalent of wedding car prices....conning b*******! A friend of a friend did this though so might ask her who she ended up using.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its in case you liked it so much that you don't take it back ?

Its right the car is still worth more than the £2000 but I would guess that the £2000 is their excess on their insurance that they would have to pay

• Neil Gratton Photography
    Beginner August 2015
    Neil Gratton Photography ·
    • Hide content

Shop around. I hire cars often (though not premium ones), and whether they hold a deposit - and how much - varies between companies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics